thirteen

Friday night, the night of the dance

     Friday night, the night of the dance. Carmen and Quinn in formal wear, (Quinn was forced to chaperone by Dan). Now they were outside their house, Dan taking a thousand photos.

"Can we go now? I bet all the good snacks will be gone" Quinn complains.

"Do they even have food there?" Carmen questions, on Tuesday she had gotten a reply from Ronnie, her worry was replaced with happiness when she knew Ronnie was okay.. and Ronnie had explained the whole situation to her, which made Carmen feel bad for her friend.

"They better" Quinn scoffs. "I'm hungry, I skipped dinner for this" He glances at Dan, seeing he had stopped taking photos. "Come on Caca Carmen"

"Stop calling her that or I'll release a box of bees on you" Dan jokes, looking up from his phone.

"Fine!" Quinn raises his hands in defense. "Can I have the keys?" He holds his hand out.

"Ooh, catch them!" Dan steps back, taking his keys out of his pocket. "Ready?"

Quinn places his feet firm on the ground. "Ready" he nods, Dan tosses them, Carmen quickly jumps in front of Quinn, catching the keys. "You bitch!"

Carmen rolls her eyes and throws the keys at Quinn, he catches them and rolls his eyes back. "Now Quinn, be nice to your sister or I'm selling you to the backstreet boys"

"God please do, I bet they'll treat me right" Quinn laughs. "Nah, they probably won't even accept me, I'm an American man born in Louisiana, no musical talent" He snickers, Carmen shakes her head.

"I don't wanna be late! I bet Mia is waiting!" She shakes Quinn by the arms.

"Okay! Okay..!" Quinn grumbles, storming over to the car. "BSB wouldn't treat me like this.."

"Bye dad!" Carmen waves as she runs over to the passenger seat.

"Bye you little rats" Dan chuckles. "Don't be home early! I'm gonna be busy sobbing about my kids growing up!" He shouts.

"We won't, you crying is awkward!" Quinn yells back, hopping in the driver's seat, Carmen was already buckled in, sitting in her seat.

Quinn starts driving to the school, it was quiet for a few minutes, Carmen zoned out, looking out the window.

"What's going on with you and Mia?" Carmen breaks the silence. "Are you guys having a gross relationship? Do I need to stop talking to you?" She grimaces.

"No" Quinn scoffs. "I walked her home on Thursday last week.." He admits. "And.. she's a good kid.. and I know this is embarrassing to admit to my sister but.. she's like a daughter to me.." He mumbles.

"Awww! Oh my gosh! You should marry a beautiful woman in a few years and then have a kid with her and name her Mia! You'll be the cutest--" Quinn slaps a hand over Carmen's mouth, driving with his other hand.