Chapter 7: What Happens On Tour, Stays On Tour

Start from the beginning

" Cardinal, are we going out today?" He asked.

" Maybe, I don't know yet." Copia replied.

" But tomorrow is the last tour date." He said. " We should go out and have some fun before we returned to the Ministry, I think the ghouls and ghoulettes deserve some freedom."

" I don't know, Papa." Copia replied before he took his cup of coffee from Sunshine. " I don't think that is a good idea, we don't need anymore incidents. The Clergy wasn't too amused about what happened at the museum in Madrid, they had to send them a cheque for the damages."

" But that was your fault, not mine!" He said.

" And you told Sister about it..." Copia sighed.

" I didn't know she would react the way she did, she normally enjoys a good laugh." He said while he picked his Uno cards up from the table. " I thought she would have found it funny, I know I did. It tickled my funny bone."

" I didn't find it funny!" Copia said.

" I did, I enjoy hearing about your failures." He said.

" Oh, you found it funny uh?! How about the time you got a waffle stuck on the back of your Mitre?" Copia asked, he hid his amusement from the elderly Papa. " Not to mention the chocolate egg on the stage, Oh! Then the time you fell off the stage, that was very funny. Also don't forget the time you almost straggled Jesus, hopefully you apologised for that little incident."

" Yes, yes!" He replied before he placed one of his cards on the table." I said sorry to him, it won't happen again."

" Good, very good." Copia said. " I'm glad you did that, Papa. Sister will be pleased, he is the best employee we've got right now outside of the Ministry."

" Do you think Sister will give me second chance for being kind to our employees?" He asked.

" No, I think not." Copia replied.

" I will keep trying, surely I will win her over someday." He said.

" Okay, Papa." Copia said with a slight snigger. " You keep doing that, she won't..."

Copia was interrupted by Cirrus, she was holding a plate of buttered toast towards him. He nodded his head at her before he went to take a slice of toast, but she soon slapped his hand away from the plate. She wiggled her finger at him before she placed the plate down on his lap, she didn't want him getting any crumbs on the couch. He soon heard the old guy laughing, his gaze immediately focused on Papa Nihil. He was watching him with Aether and Sodo, they seemed amused that he had gotten scolded by Cirrus.

" You're too soft with the ghouls and ghoulettes." He said.

" They're like my family, I care for them." Copia said. " We spend a lot of time together on the tours, it's how we roll."

" Back in my day if one of the ghouls had slapped my hand like that I would have had them thrown off the tour bus..." He said before he looked at Aether sitting next to him. " While it was still moving, there's no respect these days. They should be obeying their Papa, not scolding him over toast crumbs!"

" Okay, okay..." Copia said with a sigh. " That's enough now! You're forgetting your place old man, I'm Papa now. You're just a surprise guest on this tour, please stop talking!"

" That boy, how dare he talk to me like that..." He grumbled.

The old guy turned his gaze away from the boy, he didn't look very pleased about the way Copia had just spoken to him. Sodo and Aether hid their laughter from Papa Nihil while they continued playing Uno with him, the former Papa didn't even notice when Aether snorted with laughter from behind his cards . They enjoyed the little arguments between the old guy and the newest Papa, it kept them entertained on the tour bus.

Taking another sip of his coffee Copia heard hurried footsteps, the other ghouls had finally woken up. They were soon sitting around the table with bowls of porridge and the plates of toast, it wasn't long until the sounds of slurping filled the air. Papa Nihil moved away from Swiss when he drank porridge from his bowl, there was half eaten toast and porridge spattered across the table. Rain and Mountain began to snarl at each other, they were arguing over the last slice of toast. But their snarls were soon silenced when Sodo stole the last slice of toast from the plate between them, it caused Aether to chuckle from behind his Uno cards. The ghouls were messy eaters, this is why Copia sat by himself when the ghouls were eating their breakfast together.

Copia had been ignoring the argumentative ghouls while he ate his breakfast in silence, he was looking through one of his puzzle books. His thoughts were interrupted when he felt the couches cushions move next to him, his eyes squinted. His head slowly turning he noticed someone sitting next to him, it was Papa Nihil. He had left his seat at table, there was an amused smile creeping across his face. The old guy's smile made him feel uncomfortable, he had no idea what he wanted. The former Papa soon broke the silence between them.

" Hey, Cardinal." He said.

" Yes, Papa?" Copia asked in an annoyed tone. " What do you want now?"

" Do you remember the time when the little ghoul scared you with that Jason Voorhees mask?" He asked with a chuckle. " Not to mention the time you got your finger stuck in your microphone stand, then the other time you fell off the stage."

" I think it was the ummm... no!" Copia replied.

" Don't say you have forgotten already." He said. " Do you remember when one of the ghouls tooted on your microphone? Not to mention when you got your finger stuck in the screw hole underneath the tour buses table, it was very funny."

" I remember that tooting incident, I heard it from my dressing room..." Copia replied before he took a sip of his coffee. " But whoever stuck that Bratwurst inside your saxophone deserves an award."

" That wasn't funny!" He said.

" I wish I knew who did that little prank, I'd give them extra breakfast." Copia said.

Sodo went to raise his hand but Aether stopped him, he shook his head at the smaller ghoul. Copia eyed up Nihil while took another sip of his coffee, he wasn't too amused that the old guy was bringing up embarrassing incidents from the past tour rehearsals. He was happy that they had one more day left before the European tour ended, he couldn't wait to return home to the Ministry.