2

She gets her hair done. That's why i didn't notice her the first time when she was still outside. Her heel, her dress and even her light make ups do their jobs perfectly while i did nothing to myself to at least deceive her eyes the way she did me. Worst thing is that i'm at work, i can't just run away from her. Moreover, Martin and his fast motorbike isn't around here.

"What a small town, it's lovely to see you here, Sheryl."

"What do you want, Miss? I'm at work, please, i'm so sorry for this morning."

"Oh yeah? After a long scratch on my car now you're so sorry for this morning, hmph?"

"I'll do whatever you say to make it up. Just please, i beg your kindness, i'm at work."

I start to stutter. People begin to notice this little tension since we are right at the entrance. In addition, i see Pamela's car appear. I never even once interact with her, but her seeing me in a bad tention with one of our customers wouldn't do me good at all.

"Make it up? No, you don't have to. You can't afford to." She states with a tone that sounds so downgrading.

"Then how?"

I still don't stop begging even she still keeps refusing. After a while, Pamela walks in with that questioning face. I was sure she would at least ask the woman if there was something uncomfortable. She is cold toward her employees, but to the customers she is a caring server and can't tolerate mistakes when it comes to excellent service.

I was so ready to finally interact with my boss by explaining this. But no, the reality happened to be far from how i imagined it would be.

They hugged.

Why didn't it pass my mind that they maybe friends?

"Hi, Val. What's going on here? Problem?" Pamela ask the woman.

"Yeah, problem." She answers glancing aside at me. "Is this your employee?"

I don't know if i'm allowed to leave at this point. They don't talk to me, but they casually talk about me in their conversation. I'm weird for standing here, but from the way they stare at me, is like they don't want me to leave either.

"Tell you what, Pam? This Sheryl girl and her friends made me so mad this morning. They rode their bike like the street does belong to them, and the worst thing is that they made a big scratch on my car. I want you to fire her tonight, even better right now."

***

***

Right.

I got fired right that night.

Now i'm a jobless. My savings won't last for more than one week, my monthly charge due is on 5th next month, i won't be able to pay rent, and i won't be able to continue this life.

Should i come home after all this time?

What a shame. If i have to come back there before graduation, it better be my dead body.

"Let's find this Val bitch and make revenge. She might be on Instagram." Martin ended his rant by pounding our table.

"We need her full name to find her on social media." Ken states.

"Val can be Valerie, Valentine-"

"Or Valak i guess." I add the name possibility through my running mind.

She is indeed a Valak. I still owe her an apology even after this. I'll apologize for secretly admiring her look in the first sight, and for thinking she is not a bad person as well. She said I ruined her mood that day? If only she knew how she ruined all my plan in life.