Glancing over at Alli, I eyed her pointedly to stand at one side while I let out a half-hearted laugh, trying to ease the tension. It worked, didn’t work, I don’t really know actually. My fingers curled into my palm as my eyebrows furrowed together in curiosity, and achingly annoying desperation.

          “Hey, there’s something on your hair,” I said in pure (faked) innocence, as I lifted my hand and reached for her hair. She took a step back quickly, trying to avoid my fingers but wasn’t as quick as I was to reach for her hair, and lifted her head up to stare at me, and as I took a good look at her, I could feel myself falling slowly into a state of shock when I realized who it was.

          This couldn’t be.

          How could she be here?

          A corner of her lips rose up to form an inconspicuous smirk, but I knew it was aimed at me, and only me. It was between the both of us.  I cleared my thoughts out of my head and looked at everyone, literally everyone ― Cody, Matt and Alli ― and grounded my teeth together tightly,

          “Guys, can you give me and Kelsey a moment, please? I want to bond with her! And just her,” it took me a crapload to flash them all a convincing smile, just to get them to leave the room without worry. I tried hiding the current problem, but I know all of them knew something was wrong as they left. But there’s nothing I can do about it… at least, for now.

          All I can hope is that Cody doesn’t remember who she is, and that Matt and Alli will look at her and leave a good impression of her, even until she leaves the tour. Which would be in five agonizing days, dear me, oh.

          You know what, I’m over-thinking. I have to kick this habit off. Running my hands through my hair roughly, I looked up and stared at her with my lips pulled into my mouth; my frown deeper than ever. The sight of her utterly disgusted me.

          “Hi, Merinda,” she said in a sickeningly sweet tone, “how have you been?”

          “No, don’t speak to me like that,” I felt the goosebumps on my arms rise but I ignored that irritating feeling, “Chelsea, what are you doing here? Is this your stupid, sweet revenge? To come here and do something stupid, and do something with Cody and leave us both brokenhearted? Because trust me, I won’t let that happen―”

          “Look, I know I may have changed and I’m not that dumb ass snob you knew long ago, but I’m here only because I won the chance to tour with my fave idol for five days! Dang, is that not cool? Oh ― this is two-in-one, either. I have my best friend right here with me,” she placed a hand on my shoulder with that slick, revolting grin plastered across her face, “we should catch up, too, don’t you think?”

          “Ex,” I corrected, “best friend. I don’t know where you’ve been to or what you’ve been doing all these years, and I certainly don’t care and bother to know. I don’t care what you have in mind, but Chelsea you better not have funny tricks up your sleeves because if you do, I swear I’ll―”

          “Even if I do,” she pressed, dropping her smile and replacing it with a glare and a frown as she took a threatening step towards me, “you can’t do nothing about that because you’re nothing but a weakling that has cancer. You think you’re strong, and you’re stronger than ever, but who are you trying to impress and deceive?” She let out a hard chuckle. “I know you, Merinda, and you can’t fool me.”

          “Who are you to judge?” I hissed lowly, narrowing my eyes at her, slowly allowing a glare to replace my squinted eyes. “Chelsea, I may have cancer, and I may not be as strong as I seem, but at least I don’t even try to be who I’m not. I don’t live to impress anyone; I live to serve God, unlike you. I don’t even know who you serve ― probably the guys you kneel down before.”

          I knew I hit a weak spot in her when she didn’t say anything else. However, just when I thought I could carry on to end things once and for all and run to my boyfriend for a comforting hug, she opened her mouth and gave me a shake of her head.

          “This isn’t over,” her tone hardened, “and when I say it isn’t, I mean it isn’t. That’s why I’m back―and you, have to watch your back.” With a hard shove past my shoulder, she stomped out of the room and left me feeling incredulous. What was her problem? Was she bipolar? Was she deprived of men, or something? Seriously, what was her problem?

          Whatever.

          If she wants to play with me, I wouldn’t give a damn about my sick body. I’ll play with her until the end. That’s what she wants, isn’t it? Fine, I have absolutely no problem with that at all. I’m done playing nice girl with her. I’m done, I’m sick; I’ve had enough of her bullshit.

          She wants revenge? Fine. She’ll get it then. But there’s no promises that it wouldn’t backfire.

          “Whoa, whoa, whoa,” Matt coughed, stepping into the room a few seconds after, “what went on in here? Did something bad happen?”

          “Do you guys know each other?” Cody questioned, cupping my hip with his palm to pull me into his side.

          “I don’t sense good here anymore…” Alli trailed off quietly at one side.

          I felt sick, just very sick. I just wish I had never met her, and that none of this would have ever happened. I don’t know why she wants revenge? I don’t even know what she has against me. But whatever it is, I’ll never back down. It’s between the both of us.

          “All is well, guys,” I laughed it off, wrapping my arms around Cody’s waist from the side, resting my head on his chest, “you all worry too much. Kelsey and I are going to be the greatest friends ever.

          Well, it seems like I’m back for a reunion with my buddy, lies.