Chapter 2: Jourdain

Tsukasa's POV:

"Saki! Wait!" I giggled.

"Onii-chan, now that we had a fun time, played games, and read stories together, we can have more fun at the other side of the river!" Saki professed.

Glitched outlines formed in the meadow. The sky turned red. Hands gripped me, dragging me to the river. I listen to a child's laugh. I still hear the music from my headphones, distorted.

"

!̵͓̳̠̝̩̙̗̙͍̒̇̓̐̄̑̿̿̚͜F̸̢̺̻̣̘͉͉̠͓̟̕ ̸͙̑̑̇͐̇̉͜͝͝!̵̡̗̙̀̉̆̐̋͝ ̴̡̠̠̈́͐͋͛̒̋͂̈̾͘C̴̝̒̈́̈́̒̒͋̊͂̌̕̕ŗ̸̼͙̬͈̪̭͇̳̣̕͠0̵̝͐̽̽̄̀ş̶̛͖͕̞̲̥̯̯͔̭͂̑͗́̔́ͅs̴͇̝͕̥̠̫̮͔̩̍ ̸̱̼͔̺̰͇̙̞̲̈͜ͅt̸̗̾̋̽̑͊͗̊̍̐͘H̸̝͈̾͐̓̊̃̈͂͘3̸͎͇̮̣̫̠̮̮͗́̓͌̂͗͑͑͌͘͝ͅ ̸̨̬͉̦̬̳̱̩̞̣͕̉J̵͎͎͚̠̩͇͆̍͐́̈́̈́̓̾͋̑͝0̷̠̫͎͌̾͑̿̊̌̌̕͝͠r̴͕͚̖͉̔͋̂̋̽d̷͈̤̠̬͕̫͕̺͓́̈́̇͋̈́̽̾̾̍̿͜͠ͅĄ̸̨̛̟̥̦͓̹͇͔̩̑́̍̈́n̶̨͍͓̖͖̬͔̻̜̻̬̿͌̅̐̅̄̈́̋͝ ̵̜͎̣̫̻̗̘̞̉̅à̸̹͆̈̾͋̒l̴̤̒̊̋̀̉͘͜0̶̢̻͈̋͛͜͜N̴̺̟͌̃̈́̆̈́̄̑ͅE̴̲̓͗͊͌͊̀̆̌̀̔͋" . . . Could this be? No.

I have to get out. I got the hands off me and I ran to the disappearing, far away light.

"O̸̰̊n̷̪͠i̴̳͋i̷̝̋-̴̑͜c̶̖̆h̵̹̋ă̵̠n̵̞̄!̸̣̚ ̵̑ͅW̵̼̒a̷̧̐i̸͇̊t̸̘̊!̶͕̅ ̵̤͝D̵̰͊ǒ̵̮ń̸͔'̶̰̚t̷͈̿ ̷͔̓l̶̬̽e̵͚̊a̵̙͛v̸͚̚e̸̲̐ ̵̞̋m̷͍̿ê̵͈!̶͓͊" Saki bawled like a child, her voice glitching.

Her face took the form of a void, her face black. I couldn't hear Saki. Skin pale, like how she was at her funeral, her body disappeared into ash. I became one with the blinding light, as I look at the remains of Saki's body, her hand reaching for me.

"I'm sorry Saki, I . . . couldn't protect you."

That was the last I saw of her. She looked delighted when we ran together in that meadow near the river. It pleased me. It was better than seeing her in the hospital, paralyzed, never to see the world again, trapped in a box where she couldn't move. Better than being together alone, in that very white room she died in.

"Tsukasa-senpai!" Toya gasped.

C U R R E N T C L I M A T E: Raining

T I M E: 11:57 A.M.

I open my eyes to see that my head was in the toilet. I remove my warm face from the toilet bowl. I felt dizzy. I was surprised I wasn't in the hospital due to me being on the verge of death.

"You shouldn't go to work. I'll just call the cafe and tell them you're not feeling well. I can't take care of you so I'll ask someone who has time. " Toya insisted.

"Okay."

Ichika's POV:

I hope Tsukasa's okay. I mean . . . Saki dying is a tragedy. She fought hard enough. She needed rest. And losing parents at such a young age. It's too much. It's overwhelming.

Paralyzed in a room. She never got to have any freedom because of her fragile body. She'd have to have people help her adjust her posture in her hospital bed, having to be spoon fed.

"I wish you didn't . . ." I mumble to myself.

I quietly daydream at the sink, my hand clenching the fork.