Chapter 1

M.I.A - Bad Girls

The International Museum was an old-fashioned castle made from darkened marble and large windows. Though the palace was internally refurbished to appear modern, the rest of the palace retained its regal history of the palace and the kings and queens who owned it before it fell into the government's hands.

Striding inside the building, (Y/N) could tell it was full of history. But she could care less about it. All she was here for were the antiques, particularly the famous jewels collected from around the world. The building was protected by guards, metal detectors, and security cameras for the antiques and treasures. But she was careful, in secret, she studied the layout of the building and the routine of the guards.

(Y/N) was in the museum for one particular diamond: The Precious Sun Diamond. The diamond once belonged to some royal. It was a spectacle of social status and entitlement all welded into a single yellow rock.

Dress in a spare security uniform she had stolen, (Y/N) wore a black and white suit with a badge on her chest. She had printed a fake name and serial code on it. She also had a fake earpiece in her ear.

Through the dim lights of the museum, (Y/N) passed through hanging renaissance paintings, stone statues from the middle ages, and displays filled with stuffed imitations of extinct animals. Through the hallways, (Y/N) guided herself expertly through the corridors, each of them holding displayed signs over their open doorway. They each held the names of the various nations.

(Y/N) needed to get to a corridor that displayed the treasures of Italy, particularly the treasures of the fallen Roman Empire. However, she had to take the long route. She had studied the directions of each moving guard, timing her steps to avoid when they turned down the corner or headed in her direction. She weaved through the massive labyrinth until she finally reached her destination.

She glides through the doorway, passing by Italian treasures of olden times. But she knew that the displayed treasures were fake. To prevent someone from trying to steal from the glass-sealed antiques, the International Museum kept the real goods far away from prying eyes. (Y/N) was the only one to notice how fake the display of the "Precious Sun Diamond" was. She practically remembered the real diamond's cuts, but she also realized how the museum's lights hit the rock. Fake diamonds have rainbow reflections while real diamonds have shades of gray.

The only reason she found out about the real location of the Precious Sun Diamond was that she snuck into the employee's only room. She lied about being scheduled for an interview and was foolishly allowed inside. (Y/N) took note of each room while she was there until she was satisfied and left.

Towards the end of the corridor of the Italian displays, (Y/N) rounded towards the left corner to a series of double doors. Entering the corridor of the employee's only room, (Y/N) enters the area's first door. The nearby room was a secluded area filled with several metal shelves of carefully placed goods. Ignoring the polished porcelain vases and china, (Y/N) lead herself through the large room until she found the right shelf. She rounds the corner until she finally finds the Precious Sun Diamond on a small perch.

The young woman snags the jewel and stuffs it into a small pull-string satchel from the pocket of her pants. Quickly, she heads back towards the entrance of the warehouse only to run into the chest of a burly man who suddenly appeared from the corner. She looks up, seeing the security guard staring at her with harsh eyes.

"Um... Hi?" (Y/N) greeted.

"What are you doing here?" the guard asks.

"Well, the head honcho send me over to keep watch," (Y/N) lies.