𝟕𝟑 | 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐘𝐚𝐦𝐚𝐬𝐚𝐤𝐢 𝐂𝐥𝐚𝐧

Start from the beginning

"That reminds me......oi, old man," 

I grimace by the name while turning Reiner, giving him a glowering expression

"What?" I bitterly reply, while sipping my drink to the last drop. Licking my lips, I sigh heavily while waiting for him to reply.

"I've got some vulnerable points on Corporal Akira, I think might help," He informs me, as I lift my head up slightly intrigued. "But you're always being an ass to me, so I should--"

Seething through my teeth, I slam my mug down forcefully, "Just spill it!!!"

He flinches, "'Kay.......well, she seems to be rather close to her assistant who seems to follow along anywhere," He began, as I listen closely. "She deeply has a weak spot for us, in the 104th regiment.....she's the one who trained us from the beginning."

"Trained you? Well, you definitely became such a weak dumbass," I retort sharply, earning a scowl from the boy.

"She's humanity's strongest soldiers, which I will warn you both about Captain Levi," Reiner turns to Zeke, who seems unfazed by the warning. "Those two are the walls strongest, which will be the two main major threats you'll face if we go along with our plan."

Zeke shifts his glasses, closing his eyes with a sigh.

"Captain Levi," he repeats, cleaning the lenses calmly. "I'll remember that, and that girl........I know you'll take care of her. One less thing to worry."

"What's more, Captain Levi and Corporal Akira appear to have a much closer relationship," Reiner adds, which makes me furrow my eyebrows with anger. Recalling the chase within Trost, I definitely could identify the man. Rather short, but rather strong for a man like him. It was as if he wasn't human, but even I was surprised by my niece's abilities.

She surpassed more of our previous warriors, than they ever could achieve.

That's why she is more of a threat to me, as she was bound to figure out about her clan's history anytime.

*

(27 years ago - YEAR 823 - MARLEY)

"How can you do this to me?!" 

Slamming the fusuma doors forcefully, Ronin storms towards his father.

"How come you're going through with this, I don't understand! Choose me to--"

The chief slams his hands sharply upon the desk, the papers flicker beneath the force while he eyes his son with a calm demeanor. "For the last time, no!"  voice dripping with assertiveness, although the tension slowly builds within the room.

Ronin had nothing much to say, but only another argument to cover up his questioning.

"....Akira will be the candidate for Marley's new project, in a few years time..." The chief explained, further. Eyebrows furrowed with frustration, his jaw clenched trying to maintain his composure as a father and chief. "....not even you will be able to inherit those abilities, as you have no trace of Eldian blood in you!"

Ronin's eyes were filled with repulsiveness, glaring down upon his father who stared directly into his eyes with such disappointment.

"Our Military has reduced to merely a hundred," the chief lifted a brush, carefully holding is sleeve while dipping the brush into the ink. "Expenses are growing higher, and time is becoming shorter by the days. Though we might have to wait til Akira is at least sixteen years of age, she will eventually become one of the inheritors of the nine titans."