Disclaimer

Now before the crazies come after me, I'll tell my side of the story.

Yes, I did get the game. It was out of ignorance, not out of spite to the Trans community. I was unaware of JKR's transphobic statements until recently, mostly for the fact that I had a lot going on during 2018 with high school and there was a lot of drama (not the kind you're thinking) that really put me in an emotional and mental state that was absolutely horribly. As for 2020, if you don't remember, we were in the start of the pandemic with the entire world having to be put on hold and we all had to adapt to something new. I had to keep myself safe because I "started" the pandemic, according to the racists, along with keeping my workplace safe since we are an Asian-run business, but the racists only see us as being Chinese, while in reality, the business is run by Koreans, Japanese, Caucasians, and Chinese. But really, we're all just Chinese really/j.

Now if you're gonna say that JKR funds transphobia and brings up Allison Bailey, this is only what I am understanding. I am not defending JKR, I'm just giving the information I've researched because whenever I ask, everyone only says "She supports Alison Bailey" and "Allison Bailey sued Stonewall". I'll say it again, I AM NOT DEFENDING JKR, I AM ONLY PROVIDING INFORMATION BECAUSE NO ONE ELABORATES WHENEVER I ASK.

Ok, so a quick breakdown. Alison Bailey is a lesbian, who has founded the Gay, Lesbian, and Bisexual Alliance (Or something along those lines), or the LGB Alliance, arguing that there is a conflict between those of a different sexual orientation and those who are of a different gender on their rights (I guess like who should have rights first or who's is more important). So I guess she made some tweets against some trans rights campaigns and got labeled transphobic. So GCC (Garden Court Chambers) had received complaints about her tweets. Apparently she had also complained to colleagues about GCC's involvement with something called Diversity Champions scheme that involves Stonewall, and she claimed that the charity (I'm assuming Stonewall) was advocating "trans extremism", I guess meaning they only wanted to focus on trans rights instead of the rights of everyone in the LGBTQ+ community. So she claimed that Stonewall had some influence on why GGC had fired her or I guess discriminated against her, so that's why she was suing stonewall. Not for the reason that they are an LGBTQ+ charity, but for the reason that she feels like they influenced GCC to discriminate against her, I guess less work and deducted pay.

Also, there's something about Stonewall and "sexual-racism". I'm not fully understanding what's going on, but I think Stonewall is trying to say that a person's gender (who they identify as) should take priority over biological sex (the chromosomes you're born with). Basically those who have a penis can be a lesbian and those who have a vagina can be gay men. That is a can of worms I am not opening because that is already a huge messy debate in itself. I'm a cisgender bisexual who literally does not know what is going on and honestly just hates the negatives about everything.

Does this mean that JKR is transphobic? Yes, and no, depending on who you ask. Was her essay transphobic? Idk, I haven't read it, but I'm gonna guess yes? Idk what it's about. I honestly don't wanna read it because I feel like I'll get pissed off at the first sentence. Has she specifically funded transphobia? Personally, idk. If Stonewall is putting trans rights in front of the rights of other members of the LGBTQ+ members, does that make them homophobic? Biphobic? If they claim to focus on the rights of everyone in the alphabet mafia, but put trans rights before everyone else, (and seem to only focus on trans issues), does that make them the bad guys? Idk, this is honestly a big mess.

So I tried to find what cut JRK is gonna get for the game, but many sources are saying she's already been paid and some saying she's getting royalties as payment. Some people are saying it's 4%, but that has only been like, 2 people on social media saying it out of the many many sources saying she'll either get royalties or don't mention her. I'm gonna guess she's gonna be getting less than 5%.

It honestly seems like every member of the LGBTQ+ community has their own goals, their own paths, their own views, but some are bashing with other members. Why are we lumped together if it seems every letter wants to focus on something different? Maybe it's because we're stronger together against those who see us as bad, but it seems to also tear us apart, and that leaves open wounds for the bad people to cause even more harm to everyone, to separate us even more. Honestly, idk.

So, I'll repeat it one more time. So I hope you have a decent functioning brain. I DO NOT SUPPORT JKR. I GOT THE GAME OUT OF IGNORANCE. I AM NOT DEFENDING JKR, I AM SIMPLY GIVING INFORMATION BECAUSE NO ONE ELSE WOULD ELABORATE WHEN I ASK QUESTIONS, SO I'M ELABORATING FOR THOSE WHO ARE ALSO CONFUSED. JKR IS STILL A TRANSPHOBE, THAT IS OBVIOUS. I GOT THE GAME, FOR FUN, NOT TO SPITE TRANS PEOPLE OR AGREE WITH JKR'S VIEWS. I DID NOT KNOW HER VIEWS UNTIL AFTER I GOT THE GAME.