University of Kent | Rankings, Courses, Fees, Scholarships | AHZ Associates

Overview

The University of Kent is a nationally and internationally recognized research university known for its excellent education, cutting-edge research facilities, and unrivalled student services.

The school has nearly 18,000 students from 152 different countries.

Three of the university's academic programmes are ranked among the top ten in the country: art history, social policy, and social work. There are eight more after these top twenty. Kent Business School is one of the 1% of higher education institutions to have earned the "Triple Crown."

Academic departments at Kent are widely recognized for their cutting-edge scholarship, according to the most recent iteration of the Research Excellence Framework.

It was ranked higher than 11 of the Russell Group's other 24 schools. Faculty members are actively engaged in cutting-edge research and teaching, so you'll have the unique opportunity to learn from and interact with some of your field's most forward-thinking experts.

You can earn certificates, associate, bachelor's, master's, and doctoral degrees at Kent. There are also numerous opportunities to gain international experience by working in the sector for a year.

History

The University of Kent, also known as UKC, is a public research university in Kent, England. The campuses are in Medway, Canterbury, and Tonbridge, with postgraduate centres in other European cities such as Rome, Paris, Brussels, and Athens.

UKC began with 500 students and now has over 3,000 employees and 19,000 students enrolled. In 1965, they were joined by 150 staff members to establish what is now a reputable educational institute throughout the UK.

With Princess Marina, Duchess of Kent as Chancellor, the University embarked on a period of rapid expansion during the 1960s. The university is now a centre of academic excellence, having received the TEF Gold award for sustained teaching and academic excellence.

In addition to offering over 250 courses in various fields, the university strives to build knowledge while also providing students with a well-rounded experience. Whether you're an aspiring artist, academic, or industry professional, UKC offers community, support, and socializing opportunities.

The university is also very concerned about the employability of its students. They have an award-winning career service network and department that helps students achieve their career goals after they graduate, in addition to providing paying jobs on campus.

Along with cutting-edge classrooms and academic facilities, the university has two large libraries on both campuses that are open to students 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Each library has an extensive resource collection, hundreds of computers, assistive technology, and study areas.

Achievements and Rankings

375th in the QS World University Rankings. 48th in the Times University Guide 2023. 2023 is ranked 55th in the Guardian University Guide.

Kent excels in a variety of fields, according to the Guardian's topic rankings, including architecture, drama, dance, economics, English and creative writing, film production and photography, art history, journalism, politics, religion and theology, and social policy.

Furthermore, in the REF 2021, the majority of Kent's submissions were rated as world-leading or internationally excellent. This accomplishment strengthens Kent's reputation as a top-tier research university.