Majora's Mask

Day 1

The festival is coming up! What a time to be alive. Everyone is very cheerful today, setting up the preparations. It's a very bustling, sunny day in the town, Where Yuga and his crush Romin were playing in the streets. Just then, news broke out through the whole town... The moon is going to fall...?

"Haha, what?" were Yuga's first words after hearing the news.

They both sounded doubtful, yet slightly nervous. Romin darted Yuga a glance that conveyed both skepticism and slight worry. She looked like she wanted to say something to him, but they didn't. Yuga looked up at the sky. There it was. The angriest moon he'd ever seen. It was still a safe distance away, but gawking down at him ever so eerily. And... it seemed to give off the illusion of inching closer, creeping towards the Earth with every second.

But was it really? 

'Maybe it was just my eyes tricking me!' Yuga thought to himself, "They have to be! ...Right? But there was a feeling deep inside Yuga that stayed there for the rest of the day... the feeling of everything being a bit... off. It's okay. 

Everything will be fine... right? Right. 

A hero has already set out to save everything. Best not worry about it, right? Anyway, let's get on with the festival preparations! There's no time to wait!

Day 2

It's raining today, which made everything feel slightly unsettling and ominous. Not to worry... right? 

"Are we gonna be okay?" Yuga asked the town spokesperson. "I-Is everything gonna be okay?"

"I... think so..." he said with a shaky voice, which made it clear he knew it was not, but was trying to be optimistic.

Yuuga backed up a bit and looked at the sky. What he saw actually made his tiny heart skip a beat. The moon was a lot closer than it was yesterday.

Like, a lot closer.

It was startling and terrifying at the same time. Yuga looked back down and saw his crush running by, covering their head from the rain with their hood. They were clearly rushing to get somewhere, so Yuga didn't say anything to them.

Yuga went about the rest of his day as normal, except for the occasional peek at the sky.

The moon seemed to be inching closer still, and it was clearer than before... but maybe it was just an illusion? Yuga tried not to think about it the rest of the day, but he never could. There was a strange tone of doom throughout the entire day. It just didn't feel normal...

It was official at this point. Yuga was scared to all hell, but all he could do was hope a hero was ready to save the day.

If there was one....

Day 3

Yuuga woke up from a terrible nightmare, and when he looked out his window, what he saw was absolutely unnerving. The entire town was in a wave of depression and panic. The bright sunny atmosphere of Day 1 had morphed into something very sinister and heartbreaking. No one denied it anymore. The end of the world was coming, and no one had been quick enough to stop it.

And immediately Yuga felt heartbroken, that this would be the end of him, and everyone he ever loved. Was this really the last day he had to live?

The red-haired boy had a deep feeling of regret and sorrow inside him, feeling as if he didn't fulfill his life's dreams. But it quickly morphed back into panic and misery, when he looked up at the sky.

There it was. The moon, creeping up on the Earth faster than ever. You'd wondered if your eyes were tricking you into thinking it was moving before... but there was no doubt it was today, right now. Yuga saw his crush, Romin run through the town once again, and he tried calling out to them.

"Wait!" Yuga said and called their name. Either Romin were too panicked to stop and talk to him, or they didn't hear him... or she just flat out ignored him.

And suddenly, The ginger began to cry.  He didn't know exactly why, but he did. Yuga felt so alone in that moment, but it was a mixture of sorrow and fear. The bell in the tower tolled loudly, getting faster every few minutes, and its menacing noise echoed in your mind.

Final Hours

Yuuga sat down by his favorite fountain in the town, and silently told it goodbye. Tears streamed down his face as he went through his old memories again.

Yuga was no longer panicked, but instead incredibly hopeless. He were becoming accepting of his imminent death. 

'I should be living my last hours to the fullest', his subconscious whispered to him, but Yuuga ignored it. He was in pure shock, too sad to have any fun. And as he thought he was the last one in the town who hadn't taken shelter, it turned out he was wrong. A man named Luke ran up to Yuga and told him,

"Go! Find shelter! What are you doing out here alone?"

"Oh... thank you," Yuga said in a quiet voice and ran down into a cellar. Who he saw in the cellar though, made his tiny heart skip a beat. It was Romin, in a fetal position, with a face that conveyed just as much shock and sorrow as Yuga was feeling. And they looked up to the boy, and her eyes widened. They stared into eachothers eyes with mercy and care.

Without one word exchanged between the two of them, they embraced eachother madly, the both of them contemplating their lives that were now coming to an end.

Yuga had something to say, but even the mere thought of saying it made his throat close up. This was his last chance. He had to say it. But he just couldn't. Suddenly, water started trickling in.

Something had started leaking, and your cellar was slowly filling up with water. It made the both of them very cold. So Yuga just sat there in absolute despair and regret, wishing his life could have been better spent. 

So much wasted time. If only he'd known exactly when the end was coming. Then maybe he would have rethought some of his life's choices.But it was too late now. Yuga and Romin sat there, finally accepting the end. It's all over. You were out of time. Yuga had a painful urge to say what was on his mind... and he almost did, but were stopped by a sudden huge tremor.

The moon had just made impact. Instinctively, Romin grabbed Yuuga's arm, and their head landed on his shoulders. And within seconds, a burst of heat and flames rapped at the cellar door. Previously very cold, the two kids were now engulfed in a burning heat unlike any they had ever felt before.

Knowing it was all over, the two preteens embraced with tear-stained cheeks, putting their heads against each other's. Yuga could feel Romin's soft yet fast heartbeat and desperate breathing (which was getting more difficult by the minute). It was a very bittersweet moment for the both of them. And the thought crossed Yuga's mind again. He had to say it! What were you thinking?

This was Yuga's last moment to live! Just before the flames erupted and struck the both of them down, Yuga said in a desperate voice,

"I love you!"

And as Yuga's consciousness and the overwhelming heat started fading into heavenly coolness, the ginger could have sworn he heard Romin's voice whisper back to him at the very last second of their lives.

And it said,

"I love you too..."