❀ | Chapter I: Flowers, Flirts and Fears | ❀

My dearest Ann,

     'No land can thrive without a heroine of some kind. Villainy crawled into the universe since the unknown Great Power was born into our existence. Yet, this persistent evil would only grasp its ugly hand on our world once Lurline brought balance. Both immense goodness and absolute wickedness roamed our world, leaving their unique effects.

     One of the effects evil had was a beast with a head for each kingdom in Nonestica, designed by the fairy queen herself. That is all the ancient explorers knew, for they never dared to venture into its rumored cave in the Deadly Desert. Since the creature was purely mythical, no one knew if it truly existed until the rise of the Witches. They confirmed its existence using their magic, and only they knew of its origins and parentage.

     In the early days, the creature disrupted the villages and the gardens of the old and almost legendary Nonesticans. However, it got tired of its own terrorizing, retired to its cave, and remained there for thousands of years. The beast did not have to pay for its tyranny but was regarded as evil by the Nonesticans. They hoped that someone would slay it to end its life and their resentment. The Ozians hoped their new queen could rid our world of this supposed monster, but she did not.'

'To be clear, the great Dorothy Gale of Kansas dealt with the beast without bloodshed.'

     How did you like this introduction? Isn't it great? I sound like a real historian who talks using fancy words. I hope you like this, my love. I want to write about your mother's history as best as possible. With the unexpected death of your father, I think it is only right to start writing down the love they felt for each other. Generations to come will know how devoted and dedicated they were to each other. I wish you, our children, and our grandchildren all the happiness and love until my return to Oz.

Your loving and adoring husband,

Edward

⋯⋯⋯💙⋯⋯⋯

"Dorothy of Kansas and the Scarecrow of Oz needed each other like a flower needs soil to grow and bloom."

⋯⋯⋯💙⋯⋯⋯

     "I thought these roses wouldn't grow in the same soil as the sunflowers." Scarecrow admitted, smiling lovingly at his new wife and wiping the dirt off his face. "Though, sometimes flowers bloom wherever they are planted."

    Dorothy smiled back at him and kissed his burlap cheek. "Oh, you flirt! You shouldn't compare me to them."

     "You're right, Dor. These flowers look hideous when compared to the most beautiful woman in the world." He replied before his mischievous grin reappeared while he was clipping the flowers. "It's unfair to the flowers."

     Dorothy laughed softly. "You really are something." She finished pulling out the last weed in their garden.

     "A very handsome something, I hope." Crow said, putting the clippers in his bag and taking a step back to look at the garden from a distance. "Shall we take a little walk, Kansas?" He reached his hand out to help her up.

     "Oh, definitely, Stitches. We must admire our work." Dorothy took his hand, stood up, and started walking right next to her husband.

     After the couple walked into the middle of the garden with different shades of colorful roses, Scarecrow lagged a bit behind on purpose to gently clip one of the blue roses off its stem.

     "Our garden is almost perfect now!" Crow observed with a smile while walking a bit faster to catch up with her.

     "Almost? What is missing?" Dorothy replied in a playfully confused tone. She suspected he was trying to make some flirt to catch her off guard.