TRAGEDY

William Afton's parents, James and Sarah Afton, had always been his rock. They were his mentors, confidantes, and best friends. He could always rely on them for anything he needed, and they were always willing to offer advice and support. But everything changed one fateful night. William would never forget that night. James and Sarah had spent the evening celebrating their wedding anniversary with their friends. William had chosen to stay at home because he needed to catch up on some schoolwork. When William answered the phone late at night, it was late. The call was from the police, and the voice on the other end of the line was solemn. "Your parents were involved in a car accident, and we need you to come to the hospital right away," said the officer. As he hung up the phone, William's heart sank. He quickly dressed and dashed out the door, racing as fast as he could to the hospital. He saw the ambulance pull up as he arrived, and his heart raced. He was terrified to find out what was going on. He dashed into the emergency room, where he was met with a horrifying sight. His parents were covered in blood and lying on hospital beds, surrounded by tubes and machines. William's legs became weak, and he nearly collapsed. But he gathered himself and rushed over to them, hoping to gather information from the doctors and nurses who were caring for them.
According to the doctors, it was a hit-and-run accident. James and Sarah were driving home from the restaurant when another car slammed into them at high speed, flipping their car several times. The other car had driven away, leaving them to their own devices. William was stunned, unable to believe what he was hearing. He couldn't bear looking at his parents in that state, but he also couldn't bear leaving them alone. He remained by their side, keeping an eye on them and hoping and praying that they would wake up and be fine. Days passed, and William remained by his parents' side, sleeping on a hospital cot and barely eating or sleeping. He was consumed by guilt, believing that if he had gone out with them that night, he might have been able to prevent the accident. He was also overcome with grief, knowing that his parents did not survive. The doctors did their best, but it wasn't enough. A few days later, Robert and Elizabeth Anton died, leaving William alone and heartbroken. The funeral was a blur, and William had little recollection of it. The only image that came to mind was of his parents lying in their caskets, looking peaceful and serene, as if they were just sleeping. It wasn't until weeks later, while going through his parents' belongings, that William discovered a letter they had written to him in case anything happened to them. They were aware of the dangers of the world, and they wanted William to know how much they loved him and how proud they were of him. William sat and read the letter, tears streaming down his cheeks as he felt his parents' love pour out of the words. They had told him how much they loved him, how proud they were of his achievements, and how they would always be there for him. William felt a sense of peace and comfort wash over him as he sat there reading the letter over and over. He knew his parents were no longer with him, but he also knew they would always be with him in spirit, guiding and watching over him. "I love you, Mom and Dad," William said quietly to them in the empty room. In the weeks and months that followed, William grieved for his parents. He yearned for their daily phone calls and visits, as well as their advice and support. He felt disoriented without them. He was determined, however, to honor their memory and make them proud. He immersed himself in his studies and work, determined to be successful in their memory. He also found solace in his memories of his time with them, and he treasured the letter they had left him. With the passage of time, William discovered a way to channel his grief into something productive. He began volunteering at a local organization that assisted victims of hit-and-run accidents, and he began advocating for stricter laws to protect both pedestrians and drivers on the road. William found a sense of purpose and meaning in his life through his work. He knew his parents would be proud of him for using their tragedy to make the world a better place.