30

Our Song | 30

One Week Later
Saturday
May 7th, 2022

"Oh my goodness, I missed you guys!" Laura exclaims, pulling Heath, 1/2 of the Austin and Ally creators, into a tight hug. She goes on to hug Kevin next, the other half.

A few days ago Raini reached out to everyone asking if they could all meet up for a late lunch out on the town. After Calum admitted he feels left out (because Ross and Laura have been doing Rockstar shit, as he put it) everyone quickly rearranged their schedules to meet up. This time they're including the creators and Laura James. None of them know about Ross and Laura's newfound romance, and none of them asked over text. So they're going to act like everything is normal and see who asks first... or doesn't.

Everyone but Ross is here, which isn't surprising. Not to Laura, at least. She knows Ryland's dropping him off and they didn't leave until fifteen minutes ago. He should be here soon.

While they wait for the blonde, the six of them catch up. Laura tells them a little about how the press was for Our Song, but she knows they want to hear Ross' perspective, too so she tries not to give too much greatness to them.

"Whaddup whaddup!" Calum suddenly says, looking over Laura's shoulder. He's already on his feet and the first to hug Ross. Laura smiles. For the first time in a long time, they didn't spend the night with each other last night. Ross had a late-night rehearsal with the band to prepare for the Latin American leg of tour that starts next week, and Laura had some tour prep to do with meetings and more venue checks via Zoom. Seeing him now, dressed in blue jeans and a white textured button-down, the butterflies in her tummy explode. They've been doing that ever since they told each other they were in love last week.

"Sorry, I'm a few minutes late. Blame Ryland." Ross makes his way around the group, giving hugs to everyone. He saves Laura for last. "Hey, you." He kisses her cheek before squeezing her tight to his body. He gets the same butterflies in his belly. "Missed you." He murmurs in her ear before pulling away.

"You're about ready to leave for South America, right?" Calum asks once everyone is seated around a big circular table.

Ross makes sure to scoot his chair a little closer to Laura's. He can't help it. He really did miss her. "Wednesday morning is the flight." He doesn't miss Laura's expression change the slightest.

They're going to be apart for 12 days. They haven't gone more than 2 days apart since... before Our Song was written. The worst part? Both of them are busy before his flight Wednesday. Except for tomorrow. They get all day to spend together tomorrow. Well, they have an appearance to make at Shor and Angie's for breakfast, then an appearance to make at Ellen and Damiano's for dinner.

All day Monday Laura is in meetings. The hour she finally is done is when Ross will be supporting Riker on American Song Contest. He's going to try and sneak into her bed to at least spend the night with her, but he truly has no idea when that will end.

Tuesday Laura has a songwriting session and Ross is busy loading up his music equipment that they're sending out a day early. They are planning on having a late dinner and spending the night together at Laura's, but they're unsure of how late the late dinner will be.

"You okay over there, Laura?" Raini asks, using her foot to nudge Laura's calf.

Laura chuckles softly. "I'm good. Just basking in having you all here. I missed you all."