22

Our Song | 22

Four Days Later
Saturday
March 26th

"I'm so thankful my beautiful kids could all be together tonight." Stormie beams, looking around the table. After the crazy week everyone had with the Our Song and Riker flying in to help with everything, all she wanted was a relaxing dinner at home with her kids, and Capron and Super of course.

"I'm so thankful this week is over." Ryland says with a laugh. "This shit was stressful. I can only imagine how stressed Gordy is still." Gordy started the editing process of the cover art Wednesday. Music video editing begins Monday.

"Do you have plans to go over the layout with Gordy? Or does he have creative control?" Riker asks Ross.

"At the end of the day, he has creative control." Ross admits. "We want to be a part of it and put in our ideas and shit, but he knows what he's doing better than us."

"He is one hell of a genius." Capron adds.

Ross picks at his fingernail. "Hey, are any of you busy Tuesday night?" He's met with almost all yes's. Riker's the only one who said no, but he doesn't even live in the state. He leaves Monday morning, anyway. Rocky's joining Ryland for a friends surprise birthday party (they just found out today about it),

"Why, what's up?" Rydel asks with a laugh.

"I'm getting together with some of the Sabrina cast for dinner. We're splitting the price on reserving the rooftop of a bar in downtown L.A.." He explains. So far there's Kiernan, Gavin, Tati, Lachlan, Chance, Adeline, and... Jasmine. "Lots of people are bringing a friend or two. Just wanted to see if anyone was up to coming with." He shrugs.

The family exchanges glances around the table.

"Ask Laura." Rocky suggests.

Ross lets out a more than pathetic laugh mixed in with a sigh. "I'd love nothing more than to take her." He admits. And although the hasn't told the rest of his family about how he feels towards Laura, he really doesn't care if this is how they find out. Honestly, they'd be stupid not to notice it by now. "But I also don't want to make Jasmine uncomfortable." He frowns now.

"Are you an Laura together?" Riker asks.

"No." Ross tells him. "Just friends, even though I want to be more."

The smiles on everyone's faces are bright.

"Oh my stars." Stormie breathes out. "Mamoo kept telling me you were giving her the Lynch Lovey Dovey eyes a couple of weeks ago but I didn't want to believe her."

Ross crosses is arms in front of his chest. "I don't give her lovey dovey eyes, mom." He mumbles.

"You did this whole week. I just thought it was you playing the part." Rydel shrugs. "Does that mean she doesn't feel this way about you?"

"He's too chicken to ask." Rocky nudges Ross' leg with his foot. Rocky really just wants to shout at his brother that Laura feels the same way. He just doesn't want to break anyone's trust. They need to figure it out on their own. "I still think you should ask Laura. You guys are going to drop off the face of the internet soon, you should have one last hoorah before you trend on Twitter."