The Power of Love

Start from the beginning

"Where are you going?" She asked. 

"Um, I'm sleeping in moms room tonight." Griffin said. 

"Why?" Wyatt asked. Harper shot him a warning look before gently walking over to Griffin. She put a hand on his shoulder. 

"Sleep well." She said truthfully, giving him a gentle hug. 

"Its just for tonight. Mom doesn't wanna be alone and I should spend some time with her before, well, you know." Griffin said with a sigh. Harper sighed. 

"Whatever makes you happy." She said. They broke apart from the hug and Griffin walked towards his mother's room. 

"Night sweetie." Sarah said, placing a kiss on her sons forehead. 

"Night mom." He replied sleepily. He snuggled on up the floor as Sarah snuggled into bed. 

**********

A few hours later at some ungodly hour in the morning. A scary, crackly voice was heard softly, at first. 

"You....will....pay. You....will....all....pay!" The voice said, getting louder with each word. 

"Mom? Do you hear that?" Griffin asked, shooting awake. 

"Yeah, honey. You hear it too?" She asked. "Ow, Griffin, you're squeezing to tight. OW, Griffin let go of my hand!" Sarah exclaimed. 

"I'm not holding your hand." Griffin said from across the room, turning on the light. Sarah looked at her hand, confused. At that moment, Jess burst into the room. 

"Did you hear that horrible voice?" She asked scaredly. 

"Its real. Its all real." Sarah said scaredly. Then, all the kids from Griffin's room, burst in. 

"What was that?" Topher exclaimed. 

"Griffin, are you okay?" Harper exclaimed, running over to him, hugging him tightly. 

"Yeah, just a little, on edge is all." He stuttered. 

Jess noticed the horrified looks on Sarah and Griffin's faces. 

"Toph, go downstairs and get them some water. Zoey, Wyatt, go with him." Jess instructed. The three kids hurried out of the room, chattering away as they hurriedly walked down the stairs. 

"Can we talk in the hall for a minute, Griff?" Harper asked. He nodded. The two teens walked outside the room. 

"Are you okay, did it hurt you?" Harper asked nervously, as soon as the adults were out of earshot. 

"No, I'm fine. Just startled me, that's all." Griffin assured, still shaking slightly. Harper hugged him tightly. They began to lean in once again, as the twins and Topher shot up the stairs. 

"Are we interrupting anything?" Topher asked. The kids shook their heads simultaneously. 

"Here Griff, take a drink." Wyatt said, passing his brother a water bottle. 

"Thanks." Griffin said. The kids walked into the room, Harper following Griffin protectively as he sipped his water.  He set down in a chair, and Harper leaned on the edge of it. 

"Griffin, try to get some more sleep, your mom and I are right here, I promise. Kids, go back to bed, come get us if anything's wrong." Jess explained. With that, they tried to fall back asleep. 

********

A few hours later, Griffin woke up and walked into his room. 

"I was wondering when the sleepyhead would finally wake up." Harper joked lightly. He showed a small smile. "You okay?" 

Griffin nodded. He felt a little better after some more sleep and as he walked down the stairs to get some breakfast, with Harper's protective arm around him, she wouldn't let anything hurt him. No matter what. 

************

Topher, Zoey, Wyatt, Savannah, Griffin, and Harper were huddled in a circle in the basement. The loud entity's voice rang out everywhere. It was cold, and everything was shaking. The Tremont had basically turned into a death trap, and with Sam now trapped in the bunker, they were horrified and didn't know what to do. Everyone huddled around Griffin, so that the spirit wouldn't hurt him. 

"What do we do?" Zoey asked scaredly. 

"We stay put until Sam comes back." Topher said. 

"He was trapped though. What if he isn't coming back!" Wyatt exclaimed. 

"Just stay calm. We need to protect Griffin!" Harper exclaimed. 

"Harper, I'm fine." Griffin protested. She shot him a warning glare. 

"I'm going upstairs then." Savannah stated, before leaving the circle and stomping up the basement stairs. 

"What?" Griffin asked worriedly. He broke away from the circle and ran up the stairs after Savannah. 

"Griffin, no!" Harper exclaimed. With that, the rest of the group tore up the stairs and eventually found Savannah and Griffin in the parlor, staring at Judge Walker's ghost. Savannah was saying some, lets just say, not pleasing things to the ghost and he grimaced more with her every word. 

"Your mouth is going to get you into real trouble, young lady. And not a soul in this world will be able to save you." The ghost warned. 

"That's where you're wrong." Griffin stated bravely. 

"Really? You have no idea what you're up against, boy." Judge Walker laughed  sinisterly. 

"Sure I do. A ticking clock. I've been to the future and I know how this plays out. The way I see it, I've got nothing to lose." Griffin said. 

"Griffin, no." Harper said. Griffin looked at her hopelessly. Judge Walker noticed the exchange of glances. He remembered that look. That was the look he gave his wife, before she killed him of course, but regardless. He knew in that moment that Griffin loved Harper. And he was going to use that as an advantage. 

With a flick of the wrist, Harper was struggling to breathe. 

"Nothing to lose, huh? Cause it seems to me you're 'friend' over there is having trouble catching her breath." Judge Walker said with a fake pouty face. Griffin looked over at Harper, concerned, and ran to her. 

"Harp?" He asked. Savannah rushed over. 

"Harper, we're right here. Look, I'll breathe with you." She offered, guiding Harper through her breaths. 

**********

Let's just say, a few hours later, the ghost was gone, defeated, Harper was okay, so was Griffin, and after a beautiful rant about love from Griffin, Harper and Griffin were a couple. But this time when the twins and Topher walked in, that didn't stop them from kissing. 

this one's a long one! word count: 1589