'ℐ𝒹𝒾𝓸𝓉'

Start from the beginning

She rushed down the hill, barely missing the rocks and logs. Her legs kept moving right until she was able to grab the mans hand that had been reaching to touch Tohru's face and grabbed it tightly, pushing it away from her friend with a frightening look on her face as she stared into the mans dark eyes. "Emiko? How did you find me..?" Tohru asks, her voice quiet in shock.

Emiko, who had been panting from the little excersice she had done, didn't take her eyes from the man as she replied. "I got lost and I saw you standing here. I was gonna walk you to school." She slowly dropped his hand and backed away from him with a look of disgust. "Oh! That's so sweet of you. I got side-tracked and saw these cute little zodiac figures! This man was just showing them to me." She grins and looks back at the little zodiacs. Emiko bit the inside of her cheek, ignoring the metallic taste that lingered inside her mouth. "I'm Shigure Sohma." He introduced himself with a smile on his face. "Sohma?" She mutters, the name bringing a bit of familiarity to the girl.

He nods and looked down at the figures he had after Tohru noticed the missing zodiac. "Another set missing the Cat.." A sad smile now gracing her pink lips. Tohru had always been obsessed with the cat zodiac. Emiko could remember when the two were in middle school and Tohru's mother told the story about the zodiacs. That was the first time she had been told a fairytale story and not some lie about a rich scheme some old man had to make more money.

To Emiko, Kyoko was her mother and Tohru her sister, but she was always to embarrassed to admit such things.

"The cat?" He asked in shock but quickly composed himself. "Oh right. I see, your thinking about the old zodiac folk tale, arent you?" Tohru leaned back from the figurines, letting out a laugh. "Uh huh! My mom would tell me it over and over when I was little." Tohru says, eyes saddening ever so slightly. Kyoko's death was sudden and shocking. Tohru had found out during class and later told Emiko, Arisa and Hanajima that Kyoko had gotten hit by a car that skidded on some ice. The death of her mother still the cause of the aching in her heart.

"Ah.. if he heard that little story I wonder how he'd feel."

Emiko stared at the man with a strange look. "It's kind of like Emiko and the rat!" Tohru giggled at the memory. Emiko looked at the girl with a look of both embarrassment and betrayal.

When Kyoko had told the old folk-tale, Emiko somehow empathized with the rat. He was selfish in some ways just so he could have what he wanted. Emiko was just like that.

"I'm guessing you're the year of the rat?" Emiko shook her head. "I'm the year of the Snake."

At this, Shigure stifled a laugh, confusing the two girls. "Well, I'm a dog too-" Before he could finish, a bag was dropped on his head with a loud 'THWACK'.

"Will you at least try to control your baser urges?" A cool but soft voice entered Emiko's ear making her widen her eyes at the sight of the boy. Of course, Yuki's last name was Sohma, how could she not remember that. To be fair, she had never spoken to him, usually because of his fangirl army. There was a time when she was close to talking to him. It was at the beginning of highschool, Sohma and her were partnered together for an assignment, but neither spoke nor interacted. They merely finished there part of the assignment and then turned it in.

Sohma looked away from the man and to the two girls, briefly making eye contact with Emiko as he did. "Miss Honda, Miss Oita. Hello." He nodded to the girls. "I hope my couysin here hasn't frightened you too badly." He apologized with a smile. Emiko looked to Tohru who stared in shock as a little blush appeared on her cheeks. "Wait, Sohma? What are you doing here?!" She squeals, shoulders tense as her grip on the bag tightened. Shigure whined at the impact of the bag. "That really hurt!" Emiko looked away from the boy, tossing her black bag over her shoulder.