Promise Me You'll Stay With Me? Forever.

Start from the beginning

“Really? Well I guess I’ll wear a tux one more time. For your last wedding I hope.”

“Yes, last.” She said as her eyes drifted towards the sleeping redhead, and back to Jughead.

“I’m so happy Jones.” Toni said as she swiped a few tears before they fell. “All that guilt, and pressure has been replaced with so much happiness, and I'm just so happy.” Toni rambled as she tried to contain herself.

“Yeah well enjoy it, you deserve it. Cheryl too.” Jughead said as he got up to leave along with Tabitha.

“I’ll see you at Anthony’s party.”

    A couple of weeks had passed by since Toni’s resurrection and Cheryl’s proposal, and Riverdale’s latest tribulation had come to pass. Jughead took it upon himself to explain to everyone what had happened. How when Cheryl almost died after the comet, Parallel Jughead and Betty hitched a ride back to Riverdale with her. How Parallel Jughead was a writer down in the bunker in Rivervale that kept the town going, how that came at the cost of his own life. At some point he grew bitter and came up with the plan to pull a switcheroo with Riverdale Jughead and Betty and live their lives together. However Veronica put a stop to that when she put a bullet through parallel Jughead’s head, and Tabitha did the same for Parallel Betty. Parallel Jughead pretended to be Jughead when confronting Toni, and talked her into going by herself to the abandoned maple building, and talked Betty into going with him to Stonewall. How that gave Parallel Betty the perfect time to pretend to be Betty and act like she escaped. While Parallel Jughead got rid of Betty, Parallel Betty would get rid of Jughead and the switch would have been completed. However Heather and Sabrina along with the help of Tabitha had put an end to the universe hoping murdering Nancy and Drew's plot scheme. Jughead typed away on his Typewriter, continuously determined to finish his new story in time for his publisher’s deadline.

“Jughead, can we talk?” Tabitha asked, sitting across from him at the table in their kitchen in the apartment they shared. Jughead looked up at her nodding his head.

“I heard what Parallel Betty said, and I can’t help but wonder-”

“Tabitha.” Jughead interrupted her before she got the chance to finish. “There will never be anything between me and Betty again, ever.” He reassured her, but saw that she wasn’t convinced, assuming that without her powers that she grew dependent on, his words didn't feel concrete.

“Look when Betty cheated, it hurt, bad.” Jughead affirmed. “But it wasn’t her I was angry with, I forgave her really.” Jughead continued as he let out a heavy sigh, trying to read her expression.

“I was upset with myself, It was me I'd never forgiven. Because deep down I knew I was the second option, I knew when it came down to it she would choose Archie, and I put myself through it anyways.” Jughead got up to sit down beside her and he squeezed her hand.

“Tabitha I forgive you for what you did, because I know what it’s like to wait around for the person you love to maybe or maybe not run into someone else’s arms. Maybe in some other universe Betty and Jughead worked out, but not this one. And when I needed it the most an amazing woman came to my rescue. Tabitha Tate I don’t need a Betty Cooper in this Universe, not when I have you.” Jughead finished and he watched the doubt wash away from her face.

“I believe you Jug.”

    Cheryl pulled up to Toni’s grandmother’s trailer, she grabbed the gift from the backseat and walked around to the backyard to find Fangs and Toni setting up the birthday table for Anthony. Cheryl smiled, when she used to look at all the domestic things Toni and Fangs would do, she’d feel a stab of jealousy, however there was no threatening feeling anymore. No bitterness, just pure happiness. She waltzed over to the table as Fangs struggled to get the pinata up, and a bunch of kids ran past her, almost knocking her over.