Chapter Twenty- Three

"I'm throwing you guys an apartment party in celebration of your new found independence!" David blared through the phone.
"What?" Will gaped.
"Apartment Party. Your place." David explained, "Don't worry about anything. Julianna and I are gonna set it up for you guys. You know you can't say no."
"Also! You can't come until 7pm!" Will heard Julianna yell from the other line.
Will laughed. "Okay, okay. Glad you're back, cheesepuff!"
"Me too! Well see you and your girlfriend tomorrow, cheesepuff! Can't wait to meet the lucky lady." Julianna cheered over the phone before David hung up.

"I won! I finally won!" Alex cried in triump when he beat Nicole in the game by just a hundred points.
"Good job, buddy! Now let's see how you do with Nazi zombies." Nicole grinned, popping in a different disc onto the console.
"Seems like you guys are having a lot of fun." Will deadpanned, feeling a little left out.
"Alex just beat me. I'm am not going just like that!" Nicole declared, fire seemed to burn from her eyes.
"You're on!" A challenging grin formed in Alex's mouth.
Nicole saw Will frown. Without a second thought, Nicole put the controller down. "Hey Alex, let's continue this some other time. I have to catch up with your brother."
"It's only been an hour plus you're always together." Alex raised his eyebrow.
"That's true." Nicole smiled, "But I can't seem to get enough of this huge dork."
Will's frown turned into a huge smile while Alex just shook his head and started his game.

"I am not a dork." Will said suddenly as they walked to Will's room.
"Of course. What was I thinking?" Nicole laughed, entering Will's room. "I forgot that you were super strong and super cool Will."
When Nicole turned around, she found Will with a mischievous smile on his face. Before Nicole could ask why had that look, Will hoisted her up and spun around. Losing balance, they fell into the bed laughing.
"So strong." Nicole said with a mocking grin.
"Super cool too." Will laughed.
Nicole couldn't help but laugh with him. After a while, they had a stopped looking and just enjoyed being together, staring into each other's eyes.
"Hey." Nicole said out of the blue.
"Hey." Will replied back but they grew silent after.
Nicole inched in closer so she could feel Will's warmth. Will smiled and wrapped his arm around her waist to pull her in making her cheeks turn a vibrant color of red. Will chuckled and rested his forehead on Nicole's before leaning in to kiss her. When they broke away from the kiss, the two had the most beautiful smile on their faces.
"David's throwing us a party tomorrow." Will said out of the blue.
"I'm sure that would be fun." Nicole smiled, her eyes fixed on Will's.
"He's probably inviting my other friends."
"Yeah? I bet they're great people." Nicole said sleepily, her eyelids barely pulling the weight of drowsiness.
"Do you feel tired?"
Nicole shook her head lightly. "I'm fine. I still want to talk to you."
Will nodded. "Was it fun playing with Alex?"
"Yeah. He's cool kid."
"He is..." Will trailed off, sounding disappointed.
"But I'd rather be watching movies with you." Nicole giggled.
"God, I'm so in love with you." Will sighed happily.
"I feel really blessed."
"Why?"
"I'm lying here beside the man I love so much..." Nicole waited for a moment before continuing, "And he loves me back."
"Ahhh I might just turn crazy for you."
"You're genuinely nice..." Nicole began, moving in to rest her head on Will's chest. "Not to mention extremely talented. You never fail to make me smile and you've accepted me with open arms. I feel like the luckiest girl in the world. I can't even ask for anything more because I have everything I ever wanted and needed here beside me."
Will couldn't find the words to say so he leaned in to kiss Nicole. The kiss was always sweeter than the last; it was pure love and not lust. Will drew circles on Nicole's back with his finger making Nicole drift to sleep.
"Will, I know I loved you yesterday. I still love you today. I will love you tomorrow and the day after that and the day after that and the day after that..." Nicole continued until she fell silent, breathing slowing down.

"Don't feel bad! I love burnt toast and blackened bacon." Nicole smiled, taking a bite of the toast Will burnt.
"Oh god, don't eat that!" Will said, taking away the plate.
"Hey! I was eating that!" Nicole pouted her lips.
"I shouldn't have tried." Will sighed, slumping into the chair.
"At least you didn't burn the kitchen, right?" Nicole smiled encouragingly.
"No, I'm a cooking disaster. I should have restraining order to never step in the kitchen." Will kept shaking his head.
"What happened to the pan?!" The two heard Xiao yell in surprise and a slight hint of anger.
"I tried-" Will started but Nicole cut him off.
"Sorry, mama. I was trying to make breakfast but I left it unattended."
Xiao sighed, "I see. That's so unlike you but okay. Just be careful next time, okay?"
Nicole nodded before facing Will to whisper, "Let's make a quick trip to iHop and get pancakes?"
"That's a great idea." Will chuckled.

The day was spent going in and out of shops, trying new food and going up Runyon Canyon. The two would frequently stop by book stores to pick out a book for each other. There was an exchange of "Omg! I can't believe you haven't read this!" "You have to read it!" and "You're missing out on a lot of good literature having not read this book." On the bus rides, Will and Nicole would share a headset to play songs from the playlist they set up for each other. Their taste preferences not so similar but complimentary. When Jacob Whitesides' song 'Not My Type At All', Will asked Nicole something out of the blue, "Aren't you disappointed because I'm not your type?" Will's question made Nicole raise his eyebrow.
"Why? What's my type?" Nicole asked, curious.
"Hmm... Cool, sporty, can last five minutes playing Battlefield?"
Nicole sighed, "You're right. You're not even close to that." Will looked away, feeling a little empty.
"Hey, look at me Will." But Will kept his eyes focused on the passing landscape.
Nicole sighed again, "You're a total dork and you're not about that ball life. You die at the beginning of the game."
She paused, waiting to see if Will would turn around. He didn't so she continued, "But you make me feel like I'm the best there is in the world. You sing me songs even when I've already fallen asleep, you try your best for me and you make me feel safe."
Will turned around and smiled apologetically, "I'm sorry. I'm just afraid you'd get tired of me."
"Never."
"That's great." Will smiled, taking Nicole's hand in his.

When Nicole and Will opened their apartment door, all they saw was darkness. It wasn't until they've entered the living room when the lights suddenly open to reveal a huge banner saying "Congrats Will, You've Grown Up! House Warming Party"
"That's a lot of banners." Will commented.
"Omg guys!" Nicole tried to sound surprised.
"But I told you..." Will chuckled.
"I was setting up the mood." Nicole laughed.
Jordan and Natasha ran up to Nicole with their usual ambush of hugs. Like usual, Dalton had to prevent the girls from hugging Nicole to death.
When Nicole was looking for Will, Nicole caught a glimpse of Julianna by the food table. "Julianna!" Nicole shrieked in excitement, hurrying to where Julianna was.
"Nicole!" Julianna yelled in joy, half- running to Nicole's direction.
"OMG YOU'RE HERE! YOU'RE HERE!" Nicole cheered.
"I had to come to cheesepuff's rare party!" Julianna laughed, "Also, I'm here to meet Will's-"
"Cheesepuff?" Will interrupted, "Nicole you're here too."
"I had no idea you know Nicole, cheesepuff!" Julianna said, thrilled.
"You know each other?" Will smiled.
"Yeah! I met Nicole while she was working at Cool Kat in Glendale." Julianna explained.
"She the official brownie supplier." Nicole laughed, "The brownies I brought home were from her shop."
"That was your shop?!" Will said surprised.
"Surprise! Remember how I told you that I wanted to have a bake shop?" Julianna laughed, "Well there you go! We opened up and I tried calling you but you hopped on a plane to Sunny Oaks. Where's your girlfriend, by the way?"
"Nicole is my girlfriend, cheesepuff." Will grinned.
"She is?!" Julianna exclaimed before turning to Nicole who was trying to stiffle a laugh, "You are?! That's great! My favorite people are a couple! Omg! I think I'm gonna cry happy tears. But how did I miss out on this?"
"Well that three month European tour must be the crook." Will grinned.
"Oh dear, we have a lot catching up to do! But let's save that for later. Tonight, we celebrate!" Julianna exclaimed, amping up the music.

"Hey Will. Congrats on the new apartment and I'm hoping for the best in your relationship." Gabe smiled, shaking Will's hand.
"Thank you." Will smiled. "There's actually something I want to ask you."
"Is there a problem with you and Nicole?" Gabe asked, taking a sip of white wine.
"No no no." Will shook his head, "We're great."
"Then what's the problem?"
"My mom and manager wants me to keep all of this hidden." Will sighed, "But I don't want that."
"Then tell everybody." Gabe deadpanned, as if confused why Will was having the problem.
"My fans are teenage girls who want to date me." Will mimicked Jorge.
"Then keep it hidden." Gabe sighed.
"You're really confusing me." Will scratched his head.
"What I'm trying to say is do what you want. It doesn't really matter, if you keep it hidden for now, I don't think Nicole would mind. I think she's accepted it." Gabe began, "If you let it out, sure your fans my get mad or riot but they'll move on. If you're worried for Nicole, I know she's strong and won't you be there to protect her?"
Will considered and thought about how Gabe was right. "You're right, you're absolutely right."
"Your manager can't do anything if everyone else knows before he does." Gabe grinned, taking another sip from his wine.

The night ended with Nicole falling fast asleep in Will's arms why Will thought of ways to make the big announcement. But that night, before falling asleep, Will posted a photo of him and Nicole at the park with the caption 'It's always a good day with her.' How the crowd would react, he wasn't sure but he was prepared. Will was determined and his mind was set. He fell asleep, Nicole in his arms, as he dreamt of seeing Nicole on the front row cheering loudly with his fans.