Chapter Twelve

[COLE]

I was in the park in less than ten minutes. The thought of seeing her again made my heart warm and fuzzy. Her voice was like music that I wanted to keep on replay and her smile was as bright as the early morning sun. There was this softness and warmth about her that made me feel at home. She feels like home and home is where the heart is, I thought, a smile creeping up on my lips. I understood then that she was different from all the other girls I've dated or hung out with. She made me feel like I could be myself and I didn't need to try so hard to be THE COLE PENDERY from IM5 but instead just Coley Poley who was from Texas. She was careful with her words and even though she called herself my fan, she didn't care about the juicy details or the glamour of it all. She had only wanted to know about the real me. I sat on the swing waiting for her with my mind set. The town felt quiet and I grew more anxious with every passing second. I didn't think about what I'd say or what I'd do. I only wanted to see her.

"Hey there." I heard her soft voice break through the silence I felt. I looked up to see her face only illuminated by light. Her greenish- brown eyes bright in spite of the darkness and her dirty blonde hair cascaded, catching the moonlight. She was beautiful like an angel sent to earth and I couldn't help but want her to be mine.

"Hey Jo." I said, walking up to her. "This is a shady place for a meet up." Jo giggled, tucking her hair around her ear.

"This is just the start." I winked at her, grabbing her hand to escape into the night.

[3rd PERSON'S POV]

Cole and Jordan ran through town and into the hills not minding the strange looks they got from the people they passed. Cole held Jo's hand tight as they coursed to through dirt path that snaked the hill. Jordan felt her heart race in excitement and thrill while Cole felt the rush of exhilaration and delight. When they reached the top of the hill, they were both out of breath and grasping for air.

"You have no chill..." Jordan declared between breaths but Cole was silent, his eyes far ahead. Jo followed where he was looking and found a frenzy of lights that illuminated the city. This was the beauty of Los Angeles. What made LA beautiful wasn't the stars that lined up the streets or the stars that roamed the paths but it was the towering buildings of different shapes and sizes and its lights. No words were spoken between them but Cole held her hand tight in his grasp.

"I come here every time I needed time to think or escape the blinding spotlight." He started and Jo didn't say anything. He felt relieve that she listened. "Will was the one who showed me this place. Well, I kind of followed him here." He said with a chuckle.

"Everyone tells me they love and all the girls I date tell me I'm all they ever wanted." He paused, pain flashed before his eyes. "I'm overwhelmed by all of it and I'm really grateful but all of them only say that because I am that guy from that boyband everyone knows. Not because I am who I am."

"You're amazing, Cole." She said, giving his arm a squeeze. Cole looked at her with a soft expression. He pulled Jordan into his arms and Jordan gasped in the suddenness of it all. Cole rested his chin on her forehead, closing his eyes. Jordan felt intoxicated in his scent; a mixture of sweetness and citrus.

"It's different..." Cole trailed off, hugging Jordan tighter. "It's different with you Jordan. You make me feel at home and home is where all I want to be." Cole distanced himself from Jordan. He smiled at her, holding her shoulders. Jordan bit her lip and Cole stared at her lips biting his own. He leaned closer and Jordan closed her eyes not sure what she's anticipating. What little distance between the two was sealed when his lip's landed on hers. Cole felt sparks ignited inside of him, nothing he'd felt before. Jordan felt her knees go weak and she hung her arms around Cole's neck. There was something about the kiss they shared that made the world look a little brighter than it did.

[DANA]

We parted from the kiss and I looked at Natasha to scan her reaction. Her expression was unreadable and I dreaded the anxiety that I felt. All my worry flushed away when I saw her cheeks turn a color of red and a smile forming on her lips. "You are so sly..." Natasha said, quietly. I rubbed the back of my neck, a smile breaking from my lips. "Well..." I said, unable to stop myself from smiling. "We should go in."

"I'll be really honest with you..." She started her face serious. I felt my heart drop in nervous hysteria. "I've never tried In- N- Out before." Natasha finished, smiling. I laughed at myself for being nervous. Natasha looked at me oddly, eyebrows cocked.

"Well, you're about to experience the greatness that is the in- n- out burger." I told her before getting out of the car to open her door. When I reached her side of the car, it was already opened and she was getting out. "Too late, prince charming." She said with a wink as she entered the restaurant, leaving me utterly breathless and speechless. I regained composure a little later. "Man, I love her." I found myself saying.

[WILL JAY]

Nicole and I spent the afternoon cooking. Well, she was doing the cooking and I was eating. I couldn't even crack eggs properly. "Will, I love you a lot and you should know that. But I think egg shells aren't a part of the recipe." She told me when she found egg shells in our first bowl of batter. So I settled into watching her work her magic around the kitchen which I admit is pretty amazing to watch.

"Will, I need you to leave the kitchen." She told me while she took the delicious chocolate cupcakes from the oven.

"What? Why? I haven't done anything yet." I asked, putting my hands up in the air in surrender. She only laughed and ushered me out of the kitchen. "It's not you Will. It's me." She said with a wink before escaping back into the kitchen. I shivered at the thought of her telling me the exact same phrase at a horrible time. I pushed the idea away and sat on the couch, flipping through channels and ended up watching a cooking show. It only made me hungrier and anxious with what Nicole was planning.

I was watching the chef start making ravioli when everything got dark. "Struggling will only hurt you, Will." I heard Nicole whisper from behind me. Her hand covered my eye and she used her other hand to help me get up. "You are too tall for me to cover your eyes like this. I feel like you can see." She complained as we slowly coursed through the living room into the kitchen. I laughed and put my hand on top of hers, "I promise I'm not peaking."

Nicole made me sit in a chair and told me to close my eyes. "Open your eyes after I count to three." She commanded so I closed my eyes. "Wait, on three or after you say three?" I asked, a little confused.

"After three. Okay... One... two..." She counted and on three I opened my eyes. "HEY I SAID AFTER!" She yelled laughing. When my eyes adjusted to the light, I found the best things laid on the table in cupcake form.

"OH YOU DID NOT JUST!" I screamed in delight. "OH YES I DID." She replied obviously happy with my reaction. I grabbed one of the cupcake and held it to my face. "POKEMON CUPCAKE! I CAN'T BELIEVE IT. TAKE A PICTURE!" The little cupcakes had frosting and decoration that resembled Pokemon and pokeballs. Nicole took pictures of me with the cupcakes and I took pictures of the cupcakes one by one.

[3rd PERSON'S POV]

Will rose up from his seat and lifted Nicole up who was taking a video of Will's reaction. He swooped her up in one quick motion and their lips met so quickly that it took both of them by surprise. It was a quick smack in the lips but the suddenness of it all caught them off guard. Both of their eyes were wide in shock and they could feel their heart race in uncontrollable happiness. A smile crept on Nicole's lips and Will's nervousness faded away. "Well I should bake cupcakes more often I guess." Nicole joked, her laugh echoing the kitchen. "You don't have to." Will winked and kissed her again. The kiss was longer this time and they both lingered on that moment. They broke off the kiss laughing, her forehead on his with Will still carrying Nicole.

Will put her down and for a moment they just stared into each other's eyes, treasuring the moment. Will thought that his heart would burst with happiness. He still couldn't believe that Nicole was in LA. He waited a year to meet her again and she still couldn't believe that Nicole was here by his side. Not only that, they just shared their first kiss and another one.

"Well, I'm gonna call your parents and ask them to join us. I made more than just cupcakes." She smiled at him, rocking back and forth in her heels. "And I think Alex arrived a couple minutes ago." Then she disappeared into the hall way. That moment, he thought about how he wanted her to stay forever.