𝐧𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫

Start from the beginning

"Basically what I just told you." He said incoherently with chewed up cereal in his mouth.

He was so nasty, sometimes. Even in the times that I wanted to feel sympathetic for him, I just couldn't.

"Don't talk with food in your mouth." I said making my way back into my room.

"Shut up." He groaned, but didn't let me get far, "Oh by the way, might want to check in on JJ."

I whipped my head around to the pullout couch to see it back in its normal form. No sign of JJ.

I remembered that he wasn't there this morning. I wanted to ignore the sadness that washed over me, not seeing his body curled up near mine. Like old times.

But these were new times, and after last night, JJ and I seriously needed new boundaries. I was glad he was initiating them by leaving. Was I really that glad though?

No, stop Rori. You were vulnerable and had been drinking last night. That was the only reason what happened, happened.

"You didn't see him this morning?" I asked him, playing dumb. He didn't have to know what happened last night between JJ and I.

"Nope. Probably left to go to his dad's." John B shrugged, not knowing where the blonde went. I sighed in relief. If John B saw JJ and I in the same bed, he would freak out.

Let's just say after what happened when we broke up, John B hasn't really accepted JJ and I being like that ever again. He's just trying to be a mediator right now because I'm his cousin and JJ's his best friend.

"God, I hope not." I shut my eyes and prayed that JJ was fine, even though we weren't on the best terms.

"Peterkin knows about the gun too."

My eyes shot open as I stared at my cousin, jaw open. "What?"

John B furrowed his eyebrows at my confusion, "The gun. You know, the one JJ shot at the boneyard last night?"

He must've thought I knew about that, but I genuinely had no idea what the hell he was talking about.

"JJ shot a gun?!" I asked in shock and anger at how stupid the blonde boy was. What the hell was up with him and that gun?

"No. No, JJ- he didn't-"

"John B, I swear if you lie to me-"

"Okay! Alright!" John B started as he held his hands up In surrender, "He did. But it was only to protect me."

"Protect you from what?" I asked sitting down on the kitchen stool, once again.

"Topper."

"Topper?! What was his rich, scrawny ass gonna do?!" I almost laughed at how pathetic he sounded, saying that Topper Thornton was going to hurt him.

"He was drowning me, Rori." John B said getting closer to me in a low tone.

"What?!" I sat up at his words. What kind of psycho drowns someone?

"And JJ pointed a gun at his head and shot bullets in the air to stop it all."

Okay, nevermind. What kind of psycho holds a gun to someone's head?

My ex boyfriend. Thats who.

Although I did understand JJ's intentions, it was still ridiculously idiotic. He doesn't realize what kind of trouble he'll get into if he keeps acting like a dumb ass.

Topper can attempt to drown my cousin and get away with it, because he's a kook. JJ can shoot a gun in the air and point it at someone's head and get sent to juvie, because he's a pogue.