| EP 19 | Together

Their feets hit the concrete, creating a rhythmic beat as they walked down the sidewalk. The noon sun was shining brightly, and cool breezes spreading through keeping the atmosphere from being too hot. 

Side-by-side, they walked home. 

"What were you two talking about?" Amato asked, breaking the silence, as he cast Boboiboy a brief look. 

"Nothing important, just something random..." Boboiboy answered simply, not taking his eyes off the sidewalk ahead. Then something crosses his mind.

He turns towards Amato before he added, "I'm the one who should ask you."  Their steps stop simultaneously. Amato gulped, instantly regretting himself for bringing up the conversation as he knew what their conversation is heading to.

"What did you say about me, to your teacher?" Boboiboy asked, while sharply narrowing his eyes at him.

Amato nervously laughed, "U–uh... nothing?" He said, scratching his non-itchy cheek, as Boboiboy just gave him a bored look at his right-off answer. 

Mechabot silently watches them, as he doesn't want to be involved in their matter.

With a nervous look, Amato spoke again, "Well... it's just... Tok Sah knew you live with me, so... he asked me where you came from and... how did you get here..." he answered it timidly with a hint of caution, not wanting Boboiboy to get mad. 

Boboiboy just let out a deep sigh before resuming his walk. 

Amato eyed Boboiboy carefully, trying to figure out what was going through his mind from his expression. Was he mad? Annoyed? Amato debated inside.

"Hey... are you worried?" He then asked, making Boboiboy turn to him.

"About what?" 

"About Tok Sah knows about you?" Amato replied briefly.

Boboiboy paused for a moment before responding, "I am..." he sighed, looking ahead. He could see the house as it was only a few meters away since he and Tok Sah were just walking around the neighbourhood earlier.

Worry? Yes, he worries about everything. Everything that happens to him.

Amato gave Boboiboy a reassuring pat on the back, "But, there's nothing to worry about." He spoke up, giving Boboiboy the best smile he had. "You can count on me!" He added cheerfully, as the smile remained on his lips with closed eyes. 

Boboiboy halted, surprised that he had just seen his current father in Amato. Their smiles do not change. It hasn't changed at all.

Amato really trusts you

Tok Sah's words suddenly flashed through his mind. Boboiboy chuckled, "And how exactly can I depend on you?" He said in a sneering voice, teasing the young Amato, with a mischievous glint in his eye.

Mechabot let out a muffled chuckle, almost laughed at Boboiboy's tone, but hurriedly covered his mouth when Amato glare at him.

"Hey! I might look like this, but I'm a reliable person, you know!" Amato protested, defending himself. 

Boboiboy laughs in response, feeling a rush of joy and amusement. His reaction only caused Amato to pull an unsatisfied face in response.

"I mean it!" Amato spoke again, pouting.

Boboiboy's laughter died down as he took a breath, "It's... not something you can help... but..." Boboiboy muttered, but Amato is the central figure of his future, his existence, and the events that will take place are all intertwined with him.