My firm expression answers my question, so he keeps asking. «What? How? Like, how did you find out?»

«The night you asked me to make research on his father, I did and I discovered everything. The day after I met him to talk about it. At the start he tried to hide it, then... then we had to run away from three men that are their main rivals. They both want to kill each other and guess what,» I stop for some seconds so I could breathe in and then I keep going. «I am a target now.»

Antonio stands up letting Brody go on the floor. «You're what?» His voice sounds pretty worried.

I don't let my nervous mood out, so he can be the only one uneasy. His hot cocoa is ready so I pour it into the mug, spray the cream on top and then handle everything to Antonio that is still in front of me with a big confused and shocked face. «Take it, please,» I beg with a little smile.

My best friend takes the mug, without leaving my eyes. «Keep going, I don't think I am satisfied with this information.»

I nod and sit next to him. «Basically, they saw us together and they now think I am something to Kevin. They want to use me to threaten him even if they don't know that I am no one in this situation.»

«And didn't Kevin like... tell them?» Antonio asks while he put down the hot cocoa on the counter.

I sigh and look down at my hands. «I asked him about this and he told me that they won't stop until they realise that he doesn't care about me.»

«There is a but right?»

I nod. «But they could do a lot of things to me, to prove that he doesn't care. The problem is,» I take a break and turn up my head to face Antonio's eyes that seem they've already understood. «He won't back off because he likes me and he will never let them do anything to me.»

Antonio curls his lips before laughing. «So, you ended up into Wattpad,» he jokes about it.

I give him a quick pat on the stomach. «It's not funny. I didn't want this but what I am suppose to do?»

«Go to the police and report everything?»

Good point. «Everyone here is corrupted by Mafia, do you think they'll listen to me? Oh hey, I was about to date a mafia son and their rivals started to chase me. This guy is into me now and he wants to protect me but I think you can do better. Mh?» I mock.

«Okay, you're not totally wrong. But still, how do you think this will end up, Enede? This is not a movie or a book, this is real life. You can get hurt.»

«That's why I need to let him... protect me. Even if I don't want to.»

«So you're totally declining the call the police option?»

«He didn't want to be a mobster, he had to kill someone when he was only fourteen. Maybe I can think about something to help him to go out of this. I don't know, I am as confused as you are.»

A little silence is up and I am looking at my fingers, without knowing what else to say. I know that it's a lot to absorb but I am in the same position as Antonio: don't know what to think or do.

It's kind of my fault if I am in this situation but at the same time, I don't know how to quit it if not follow Kevin's instructions about protecting stuff. I just need to handle it until everything will be over, even if I don't know when 'over' will be.

After some other seconds, Antonio speaks again. «Whatever you will choose and whatever will happen, I am here. I want to be part of this if you need help from the help, I wanna be there. Okay? Whatever you need me to, I am in.»