Chapter 1

Its quite late at night, Im not sure why Im still awake, the tv is on in the background like voices in my head, my eyes are shutting.

Pling

The notification of my phone scares me out of my almost sleep.

I grab it instantly, the light hurts my eyes before I can tell what it has to say.

its an email from my work,

I put my thumb on the round finger scanner, unlocking the black device with a familiar noice.

Click

Subject: old diary found

Dear Kate

I hope youre doing well.

As you could read in the subject there is a diary found, it belonged to a certain Lady Verbeek, I dont believe we have ever heard of her, which isnt very strange, fact is their was never really known a lot about her.

The diary was found underneath her bed in a secret box, it was so well hidden nobody had noticed it before.

They are asking for someone who could write her story down, since her writing has fainted over the years.

Since you are an expert in that field I thought it would be the perfect job for you, this could be a great opportunity.

Call me when you made up you mind.

Best Regards Marley.

I look at the mail of my boss, feeling honored she chose me for such a big thing.

I dont have to think twice about it, this could be my best and most fun job yet.

Even if it wouldnt bring me any higher on my career path, Id still have the time of my life and that was enough for me.

I dial the number without any hesitation.

''Hello, with Marley''.

''Hi, its me Kate''.

''Kate.'' She says surprised.

''I didnt think you would be up this late''.

''Its not something I do normally''. I say trying to sound convincing, but not sure or I am trying to convince her of the lie or myself.

''Its none of my business if you did''.

''Did you think about the offer?''

''I did I would love to read her diary and learn more about this lady.

''Great you can start next week Ill tell you the address tomorrow.''

''Great.''

I put my phone down, I should really get to sleep in my bed for once, I always fall asleep watching tv, because of the long tiring day I had, or the fact I like noises in the background while falling asleep.

My plan always is, to watch some tv and go to bed, but that never happens, almost never because I just cant get myself of the sofa.

I clean up the paper tray that contained my instant noodles and step into bed the second I have putted on my pajamas.

I fall asleep quite quickly thats how tired I was, I guess sometimes sleeping is like being sad you dont realize you are until you feel the first tear rolling down you cheeks