"So how did I just find out?"

"Robert, no offense, but you're a guy. Guys tend to overlook things sometimes. Plus you've always had a thing for her, and love can make you blind," Mum said, giving me a sad smile. 

"So, what do I do? How can I help her?" 

"Just keep doing what you're doing, being there for her and reminding her that you care about her. You can't fix her, you just got to be there for her while she fixes herself," Bindi said. 

"But..What if she doesn't stop? I hated seeing her like that, broken down on the floor and what she did to herself..." I said, more tears falling. 

I couldn't even bring myself to say what happened. Just the idea of Ashley dragging that blade across her skin was enough to break my heart in two.

"Just give her time. She will. But if things get bad, then you got to push her to get the help she needs," Mum said. I nodded. 

"Did she say how meeting her uncle went?" Bindi asked after a few moments of silence. 

"No, but I'm assuming not good considering what I walked into when I got there," I said. 

"Yeah, I figured as much," Mum said simply. 

"It's hard on her. I can't even begin to understand what she's going through," I said, "But I'll talk to her. Hopefully, everything else will go better." 

I took a deep breath. It felt good to talk to Mum and Bindi about what just happened with Ashley, and they gave good advice about it. 

"Well, you two should get to bed. It's getting late, and we have a big day tomorrow with releasing Noosa. Goodnight, I love you two," Mum said firmly, getting up from the table. 

Bindi and I stood up too and she pulled me in for a hug. 

"Everything will be okay, little brother. She'll work through it, you just gotta be there. Tomorrow is Christmas and we're releasing Noosa. It'll be a good day," Bindi said, hugging me tightly. 

"I know, thank you. Goodnight Bindi," I said back. 

I gave Mum a hug goodnight and went upstairs. I took a shower and then went into my room.  I packed my camera equipment for releasing Noosa, different lenses and the waterproof case. I knew my wetsuit and flippers were already on Croc One, my family's boat, as well as extras of both for Ashley.

I checked my phone and noticed Ashley hadn't texted me back after I told her I got home, but I figured she fell asleep. 

I, however, couldn't sleep. I kept thinking of Ashley, and how sad she looked on the bathroom floor. Every time I closed my eyes I saw the cuts on her arms. 

I sighed, rolling over and grabbing the remote. I put on a nature documentary on the television. I was just starting to finally fall asleep when my phone went off. 

Ash: Merry Christmas :) 

I checked the time. Was it after midnight already? We had a little ritual of texting each other after midnight on our birthdays and holidays to make sure we were the first ones to wish the other a happy birthday/holiday. 

Me: Merry Christmas love 

I was glad she messaged me, but I didn't know how she was holding up. I didn't wanna push and ask. 

Ash: you're up late

Me: well so are you

Ash: can't sleep

Me: me neither

I held my breath, waiting for my phone to ring and for her picture to pop up. There was no immediate ring, so I thought she wasn't going to call.