Chapter 31: Getting ready for Jimmy and...Hello, Jimmy!

Start from the beginning

I progressively got higher and higher.

Can you hear the sound coming over the hill?

Gotta move my feet, it's coming in for the thrill.

Ba-baby, baby, it's a blowout, Wow-yeah!

Like a nuclear bomb and it won't be long til I, detonate!

Like a Chinese drama and conspiracy, it's the death of a nuclear family staring up at you.

It's looking like another bad comedy just as long as it's a high fidelity for me too.

I head into the bridge, starting with E minor on the A string. I go into the descending solo, starting from E on the A string and ending on E open string, heading back into the verse.

Gonna ride the world like a Merry-go-round.

Like a Ferris wheel that is breaking down.

Scream-screaming, screaming bloody murder, Wow! Yeah! Like a nuclear Bomb and it won't be long til I, detonate!

Like a Chinese drama and conspiracy, it's the death of a nuclear family staring up at you.

It's looking like another bad comedy just as long as it's a high fidelity for me too.

I start the ending notes.

I said Ten! Nine! Eight! Seven! Six! Five! Four! Three! Five, four, three, two, one!

I ended on E on the A string.

I took my hands off the strings and sighed. But, was taken aback when I heard clapping.
One, two, three, four sets of hands. Four...
I looked up to see Billie and Adrienne standing there with the boys peeking around the top of the stairs.
Wait, even Joey was clapping? But, just about a week ago he was shouldering me and ignoring me. This boy confused me.

After they all applauded, they started to walk back upstairs. Adrienne smiled and patted Billie's shoulder in kind of a 'Shes just like you' sort of way, and headed upstairs. Billie just stood there with his hands in his pockets, giving off a cheesy smile.

"Well, where are my bouquet of roses?" I sarcastically questioned. Billie just laughed. I smiled at my remark and unplugged Charlie, placing him back next to Blue and turning off the amp.

"That was really good."

"Which part? The singing or the bass?"

"Both equally amazing." Billie remarked genuinely.

"Oh, Thank you." I said shyly.

"C'mon, let's fix up the guest room for Jimmy."

"O-oh, he's staying in the guest room?"

"I would assume so, why?"

"It's just that, Jimmy and I have always slept in the same bed, even before we were together..." I trailed off quietly. I could hear the faint sigh coming from Billie's lips.

"Of course you sleep in the same bed." He told himself. I just looked down.

He always seems annoyed at me. Do I annoy him? Am I just trouble to him? I love Billie, but. I question his love sometimes. I know that's kind of selfish, but, I don't know. I'm so confused. I decided to just ask.

"D-daddy?" I say like a five year old. I've been doing that a lot lately.

He seemed...not humoured by me calling him Daddy, but concerned almost. Kind of the concerned where you are kind of sympathetic, but wondering why you would say such a thing. Especially, when a girl like me calls Billie Joe Armstrong...Daddy... Sounds surreal when I say it like that. I guess I can call it...'Sympathetically Concerned'. Yeah, that's it. Billie Joe seemed sympathetically concerned.

"What's wrong, baby girl?" He said walking over to me and holding my arms, bending down a bit and looking directly into my eyes.

"I-i feel like I annoy you and I feel like I'm in the way all the time." I admitted. He almost seemed offended by my remark.

"Peach, you don't annoy me and you were never in the way. I get a bit overwhelmed or frustrated at times, but I'm a father. It's what we do. I love you so much. And nothing, nothing in the universe can change that. Even if you wind up in juvy for murdering an innocent, I will still love you." I kind of chuckled with his remark. But, I nodded.
He gave a soft and quick peck on the lips like he does when he is comforting me and pulled me into a hug. I wrapped my arms around his middle and squeezed, clenching handfuls of his shirt into my hands, afraid of letting him go in possibilities of him leaving forever. I knew he wouldn't do that, but what would you expect from a girl who never had a father up until about a month ago. He chucked and we released each other before placing a soft kiss on my forehead.

"Love you, doll."

"Love you too, Beej." I smiled.

"Well," he said moving some of my fringe that came out of my bun behind my ear, "Let's get ready for Jimmy."

I nodded in agreement and we headed upstairs to start cleaning the rooms.

----------------

We have literally finished cleaning the house from the attic to the basement, wall to wall, room to room, hallway to hallway and closet to closet and I think it's safe to say 'Im done!'

I vanished up into my bedroom, looking around the clean area and breathing in the fresh aroma of sandalwood incense I had burning in my room.
I was about to lay down on my bed when I spotted something in the corner of my eye...my closet, my opened closet, my opened closet that contained my Green Day posters...should I hang them? I wondered.

I eyed them for what seemed like eternity and decided on actually putting them up.

I took all ten of them and tacked the corners, placing it on an empty spot on my wall. I did this to the other nine until they were all tacked to the wall.

I decided on checking the time to see how long it would take for Jimmy to arrive. I had to admit. I was scared.

I checked my phone clock that read, '3:59.' Well, Jimmy should be here soo-

I was cut off my a patterned knock on the front door.
I could tell the tap was made by the back of a hand. I leapt from my bed and ran up to my window, spotting Jimmy's car. I mentally squealed and ran down the stairs faster than an a race car.
I saw Adrienne reaching for the door when I stopped her.

"I GOT IT! I GOT IT!" I yelled as I pushed in front of her. She seemed shocked but laughed at my craziness.

"Silly thing." She muttered and walked off.

I grasped the doorknob in my shaking hands and took a deep breath before shaking myself and slowly opening the door to be greeted by, who else but Jimmy.

"Jimmy!" I shouted. I ran into his arms and he caught me, spinning me around, dropping me before placing a soft but long kiss on my lips.
He leant down to me, resting his forehead on mine, his brown spiked hair crazier than ever, his pale, skinny fingers intertwining in my tied up hair.

"Neo..." He whispered. He closed the gap we had made with a soft peck and a warm, assuring hug.

This, is what I have been missing for awhile.

I hear a throat being cleared and I turned to see, of course, Billie.

Jimmy looks to Billie...heh. Surprise, Jimmy?

[A/N: DUN. DUN DUNNN. CLIFFHANGER! Tell me what you guys think! How was this chapter??]