Tell Me Something

"Staring at the ceiling with you,
Oh, you don't ever say too much..."

********

I woke up in my bed the next morning, the cool natural light shining from my window was bright enough to make me squeeze my eyes shut. I preferred the night time. I lay on my back, looking up at the ceiling, remembering the events of the night before. I had to go back on set today, and I realized that the director would be keeping a close eye on my performance, we had to reshoot the kissing scene I had failed to do in the first place. A part of me dreaded the thought of seeing Pedro in person again, I didn't know where we stood after last night. We had sex and It was probably the best I've had in a long time, and we talked afterward, which might have been the most he and I had ever spoken to one another. But what did it all mean?

As soon as I threw my clothes back on I was out of his trailer. I said a quick "Bye" and didn't stay another second. I didn't see anybody outside so I took my chance while I still had it, but when I got home I kicked myself internally for not waiting to see what he would say.

The other part of me hoped he thought last night was as great as I did, and that he'd want to see me again.

I got ready for the day the same way I always did, and headed down to my car so I could drive to set. I parked in my usual spot and went to my trailer to set my stuff inside. After hair, makeup, and wardrobe, I walked to where the scene was being shot, still no sign of Pedro. I wondered where he was. And then I saw him, talking with the director. He glanced over at me, and then Edith turned around and began conversing with one of the camera men. Pedro made his way over to me. He stopped about two feet in front of me and smiled. "Long time no see." He greeted.

I smiled back, holding in a laugh at his dumb inside joke. "Hello to you too."

He looked around us, his head swiveling left and right before locking his eyes with mine. "I want to see you tonight." He said in a quiet voice, point blank.

"Uh... okay. I mean, you can come to my place later if you want...or we could go someplace." I suggested.

Pedro snickered at my awkward response, and nodded his head. "Your place."

Just then, Edith had spotted me, and she yelled for everyone to get in their places so we could begin filming.

The scene began and just like yesterday, I delivered my lines perfectly, on time, no hesitations. I knew the kiss was coming, I knew how the script said I should kiss him, so when he grabbed my face— bringing flashbacks— I didn't flinch. I kissed him back just has hungrily as I did last night. I must have lost track of time during all of it because Edith yelled cut, and the scene was finished, but Pedro and I pulled away, chests heaving. "Great work guys! Much better than yesterday. Let's move on." She praised.

The rest of the day was long and tiring, but at least it was over. I quickly grabbed my things from my trailer and made the journey home. When I got inside my building I sprinted up the stairs— the elevator would have been too slow— and inserted the key to my apartment and twisted it. I flung the door open and frantically went inside every room, making sure everything was tidy. I had sent him my address in a text before leaving set.

I changed out of my clothes I had been wearing all day, and put on something cute and comfortable, and even though it was crazy, I had a set of lingerie underneath. Now all I had to do was wait.

Twenty minutes later I heard a knock at my front door. I didn't want to seem too eager, so I took my time walking over to the door and opening it. "Hi-" I began to say, but was interrupted by his lips crashing onto mine. He wasted no time, closing the door behind him and pulling me onto him.

"I've thought about you all day." He whispered right before kissing me again. My fingers made their way through his hair, and without thinking I pulled at his scalp. He groaned in response. I led him to my bedroom, not breaking the kiss. I suppose I made the right decision with the lingerie, even if it ended up on the floor.

*******

My bed was much more comfortable than the one in his trailer, we lay under the covers to keep warm, but I was still cold. "Come here." He said. He didn't have to tell me twice. I scooted closer to him, laying on my side, I brought my arm over his torso, and his arm supported my head and his palm rested on my shoulder.

Much better.

"Tell me something about you that nobody knows." I said.

He took a deep breath, deep in thought. I hoped it wasn't weird of me to ask him that. "Pascal— is my mothers last name. I changed it to be my professional name as way of honoring her."

My facial expression softened, though he couldn't see it. I propped myself up on my elbow to look at him. "So you have two last names?" I asked.

"Balmaceda and Pascal." He answered. Pedro poked my cheek with his index. "Your turn."

I didn't have to think too hard about my answer. "I hate modeling."

His eyebrows shit up in shock. "Why do you do it, then?"

I shrugged my shoulders. "I was young and naive. I wanted to do anything to get out of my hometown."

"How old were you when you started?"

"I was 22 when I signed my contract."

"Is that why you started acting, because you hated it?"

"Kind of. I wanted to see if I would enjoy it." I answered.

"And, do you?"

That, I did have to think about. The days were long and exhausting, and I had to move temporarily for it. But overall I thought acting was enjoyable. I shook my head, and didn't say anything more. I relaxed and lay my head on his chest. We stayed like that a little longer, until he put on his clothes and left.