Better To Die Once

So, I recently read this story in my literature class. It is such a touching story. It made me cry. I thought that I should post it on wattpad so, here is the story.....

---------Better To Die Once--------

It was just another morning at the railway station. An unmarried couple climbed onto their train. They were looking very happy and were going for a holiday to their native place. The guy was a well built, good looking and a nice person. He cared for his girlfriend as he helped her to climb onto the train. 

The girl was very beautiful. Her blue sparkling eyes would make the whole world stare. Her rosy lips were so perfect. She was like the most beautiful girl on earth. The guy was very lucky to have her. They loved each other very much.

There journey was for 8 hours. 4 hours had passed and the train suddenly started to stumble. One middle aged man screamed "The train is off the track! We're all going to die". Everybody started screaming and panicking. Trying to get out of the train.

But the couple, hugged each other and stayed like that.

5 hours later

The guy woke up and saw him on the hospital bed. He just got a sprain on his left forearm and some cuts on his body. He didn't care about himself and got up from the bed.

 "Where is my girlfriend? Her name is Caroline. " he asked.

"Oh the girl who lost her leg? Yeah, she's there in that room" she said pointing towards one room.

The guy was heartbroken after hearing what happened to his loved one. He rushed to the room and saw her girlfriend, lying on the bed,one of her eye covered with cotton, her face filled with cuts, bruises and her body covered with a blanket. 

"Where is he? Where is my James? Where is he?" Caroline asked the doctor.

"He's here" the doctor replied while looking at the door.

"You are James Brown, right?" he asked the man whose tears rolled down his cheeks.

He didn't say anything, just took one step, he wanted to come to Caroline but the distance from the door till the bed seemed like it was kilometers away. He couldn't believe this all happened in a blink of an eye. 

"James! Are you here baby?" the girl said with a crooked smile. 

James still did not reply, he just stood there beside Caroline, staring at her face.

"She got hurt on her leg and we had to cut it out before the infection could spread through her whole body. A mirror pierced into her right eye so, she is now partially blind. I'm so sorry Mr. Brown" the doctor said while patting James's shoulder. He then went away.

James moved his hand to touch Caroline, his hands were shivering, he was scared. He gently touched her face, went through the cuts, bruises. He turned back and burst out crying.

"Baby, are you ok?" Caroline asked.

James looked back. His hands went near Caroline's face and then suddenly Caroline screamed.

James grabbed Caroline's neck and started chocking her. The nurses couldn't believe their eyes. They stood there screaming. When the doctor came, it was too late. James had already killed his love.

The doctor called the cops. 

James was taken to the police station. The police man asked him "Why did you do this to Caroline? 

"Carol....my Carol......what had happened to her? Her beautiful face was now a mess. She didn't have eyes to see me.....she couldn't walk with me hand in hand like we used to. She was my life. I killed her for her own and my own good." he replied.

The police man was confused. "Killing your loved one, how can it be good for them as well as you?"he asked James.

"Sir, Caroline was the  most beautiful girl in this world. I loved her so much, not only because of her face but her personality. She was perfect to me. I killed her because it would have been better if she dies at once. Seeing herself in that state, she would die, again and again, everyday and by seeing her like this would make me die everyday too. I know what I did was wrong. But, wasn't God wrong to treat such a perfect girl like this? Wasn't it wrong for God to give so much pain to a young girl who was so nice to everybody? What I did was good for both of us. Infact, it was good for God too. I commit my crime. Now, you can take me wherever you want to."

James was hanged. Not because he killed a person but because he was in a state where he would've killed himself. Thinking that he had killed his most loved one would make him hurt everyday. Well, it is much better to die once.

--------Better To Die Once-------

Oh My God! Such a sad love story. It was James fault to kill Caroline, but it wasn't his fault too. He did what he thought was right for Caroline. Yes, God is sometimes unfair but that doesn't mean you would do anything that comes to your mind. If James had not killed Caroline. They both would have been a bit happpy, on this earth. At least alive. Anyway, if you liked this story please Vote and Comment! And tell me what do you think? Did James do the right thing? Lots of love - Khushi :) x ♥