The messenger left the room quickly as time was of the essence when Tyland looked at the King. "Do we know where the North stands?" he asked. "The North, The Riverlands and the Vale have not yet answered, the Westerlands under the banner of your House, Tyland, have marched to King's Landing as has Dorne" Aegon said, and everyone looked surprised. "Dorne will declare for the Iron Throne? For you?" Lord Beesbury asked and Aegon nodded. "Dorne is my kin, they are now kin to the Crown and we must treat them as such" Aegon said and everyone nodded as Nyferia gave him a thankful smile when the doors opened again.

This time, it revealed Aemond, drenched from the rain the storm had brought on his way back on Vhagar. "I need to speak with the King and Queen, in private" Aemond demanded and Aegon nodded, sending everyone out of the room as he stood to look at his brother, as did Nyferia. "Aemond, what has happened?" Nyferia asked when she saw his shaking figure, assuming it was because of the cold rain, but the blood of the Dragon ran hot, she knew it did in Aegon and she assumed it did in Aemond as well.

The Council left and Aemond fell to his knees, the water from the rain dripping onto the floor, and Nyferia walked towards her good brother. "Aemond what has happened?" she asked kneeling before him as Aegon joined them. "He's dead" Aemond muttered. "Who is?" Aegon asked, fear striking his heart as he assumed it had been his sons Aenar or Vaegon. "Lucerys" Aemond whispered.

Nyferia looked at her husband in confusion. "Lucerys?" she asked confused. "He came as an envoy for Rhaenyra, to have Lord Baratheon pledge for her as the new Queen, but he had already heard the news of father's declaration during the petitions, as have the North he told me" Aemond said. "I only meant to scare him, but his dragon attacked Vhagar, and she didn't take too kindly to it" Aemond said.

Nyferia let out a deep breath. "I will handle this, do not worry Aemond" she told him looking at him to ease his mind. "What if they come for us? for your children?" Aemond asked scared, his whole way back that had been the only thought in his mind, his poor nephews and niece, what would the Rogue Prince do to them when he heard of what had happened to Lucerys.

"I told you, I will handle it" Nyferia promised Aemond as she looked at Aegon. "Get warmed up, brother, we have much to discuss" Aegon said trying to figure out how to deal with Aemond in this situation. The One-Eyed Prince nodded and went to fetch himself a bath and dry clothing as Aegon placed his hands on Nyferia's shoulders. "Are you sure about handling this? Lord Corlys might not want to join us now" Aegon said. "You send a letter that his blood related kin would not be harmed, that does not include Rhaenyra's children, as much as Laenor saw them as his own and everyone knows he would have never sired children from any woman, this is war, Aegon, we cannot be picky about war" she said and it slightly scared Aegon.

He had loved her, he still did, but this war was brewing a fire in her he had never seen before, but shouldn't be surprised about, yet, when hearing her words, he was slightly frightened. "Very well" Aegon said, kissing the side of her head, a moment of peace for himself to collect and energise himself.

Aemond soon returned and they made plans to receive Lord Corlys, wondering what must be said and what deal they would want with Driftmark.

The Sea Snake arrived alone, with bannermen from Driftmark as he entered the Keep, with his cane. "Lord Corlys" Aegon said, the conquerors crown gone from his head, and it was replaced by a new one he had commissioned. The crown was a dark golden colour with the Martell and Targaryen sigil combined as Nyferia wore a crown with suns on them. "Your Graces" Lord Corlys said as he tried to bow as he walked towards them. "Come, let us first get some to drink" Nyferia said as she accompanied him to the small room where drinks were served.

"I would much rather get to business as soon as possible" Corlys said as he sat down in a chair and Aegon nodded. "Of course, we would not want to stall" Aegon said as he looked at the Lord of the Tides. "Name your reasonings" Aegon said looking at him. "I want no harm to come to my wife, and my grandchildren" Corlys said and Nyferia leaned back. "Those related to you by name or by blood?" she asked, boldly. Corlys looked at her and sighed, he knew she was in the right to ask. He knew, everyone did. "Baela and Rhaena" he said and Aegon was quite shocked as was Nyferia.

Lord Corlys had been fond of the boys, but he knew they would never leave their mother's side, and with Lucerys dead, he knew Daemon would be out of control. "Laenor loved those boys, but it is Rhaenyra and Daemon who caused both my children's deaths" Corlys said. "My wife would agree to that, as well as my brother's" Corlys said. "Who shall be Driftmark's heir?" Nyferia asked. "I have another son, from shortly after my marriage, I didn't love Rhaenys as I did now" Corlys admits. "Two boys, Addam and Alyn of Hull. They are born to a woman of the shores of Driftmark. They are the only male children I have left. I would wish to betrothed Baela to Addam, the eldest" Corlys said and Nyferia nodded.

"Baela and Addam will be your heirs, the rightful Heirs of Driftmark" she agreed and Aegon nodded. "They will be declared Velaryons, if that is your wish" Aegon said and Corlys nodded. "Indeed, it is" Corlys said and Nyferia gave him a small smile. "What about Rhaena?" she asked. "Rhaena is grieving young Lucerys, and I cannot imagine she wished to be betrothed soon again" Corlys said and Nyferia agreed.

"Very well, Lord Corlys, you shall have your wish. House Velaryon shall not be harmed" Aegon said and Corlys nodded in thanks. "Thank you, Your Grace" Corlys said and Aegon and Nyferia would keep to their word. House Velaryon stood with them now, but Rhaenyra's remaining children were no Velaryons

✴︎✴︎✴︎

any war crime nyferia commits is excused