49. KAIRA/ KRISH

New year was good, I spent it with krish and our families. His condition is improving too. So is our. But there's a heavy stone buried in my chest that i want to tell him, but I'm scared it would ruin his condition. No one not even tessa knows about this and i hope no one ever will.

Today is krish's check up but i have a meeting with a Russian women. I hope it goes as I'm imagining. Our family doctor is checking krish, vedant will be there with him.
***
"Do you think she'll agree?" Tessa asked as we entered the main gate of hospital. "Definitely she was impressed" I said.

We went upstairs to the cabin. I knock the door and went inside. "Dr. Mehra" I said. Krish and vedant turned and look at me. "Mrs.shergill been waiting for you" He said. Vedant went outside. "Yes doctor " I said.

"His situation is not a stable stage right now and his body is weak too kaira, in this situation I would really like to suggest you both not have a intimate relationship" Doctor said.

Krish cleared his throat and looks at me. I nod "okay" I said. Then he Discussed few exercises and meditation and medicines and then and asked krish to leave. He left.
***
The fuck. For fuck's sake I'm healthy as a horse and what's his problem with we have sex or not. Shit. He asked me leave he wanted to talk to kaira and she nods assuring me. I went outside and tessa went to the cabin door to listen what they are talking about inside.

"Holy shit" Tessa curses and was shocked as if heard where the pirates had hidden the treasure. I went to the cabin door and what I heard was something I never ever expected coming at me like this.

"You know why I suggested not to have an intimate relationship right now kaira" The doctor says. "I'm fine, and besides its been a 2 year and I'm over it doctor" She said. I couldn't see her face just her back.

"Are you? So you've no guilt, no remorse no sorrow no stress no depression?" The doctor asked. "No I don't" Kaira said.

"You're reports don't say the same kaira, it's the exact reason you lost your child and now you're doing the same" The doctor said. Child? What child? Kaira was pregnant?

"Miscarriage is a big issue kaira it impacts on health and there is a possibility if don't take care of yourself now you can never be a mother" He said. My breaths got uneven as I entered the room. Kaira turned I saw tears welding her eyes. I walked slowly towards her.

"Is it true?" I asked shakily she wiped her tears and plastered a smile on her face which didn't reach her eyes. "What is true?" Kaira asked. "Sorry to interrupt but I'm asking you to telling the truth kaira not just because your family doctor but as your Father's best friend and your uncle, I am asking you this because he has rights to know" The doctor said and left. Leaving me and kaira in the room.

She nods. I sat next to her in the couch. And held her hand. Tears rolled down her cheeks. "I found out after a week after you-disappeared" She said. "I was too stressed out with all of the situation that I didn't have much time to look after me all I could do was work and talk to you even though you didn't reply" She snorted and said.

"Then one day I had an important meeting I was stepping down the stairs and was talking on phone call I slipped and. . . . I. . . And i. . . Lost our child" She said and cried. I gasped.

My child? Died? Kaira slipped? I was gone. She's been through alot because of me losing a child is too much. I just didn't know what to say or how to react. I kept quite.

"Krish I'm sorry, I don't know what I was doing and i. . Just couldn't tell you anything" She said again sobbing. "Say something". " I don't know what to say kaira" I said and then got Interrupted by tessa who rushed and back hugged her.

"You should've told me earlier" I said. Looking at floor. "You wouldn't have believed me" Kaira said. "I? Wouldn't? Kaira it was our child, mine and yours for fucks sake" I yelled. "I know but do you even remember what you called me earlier or wait let me help you gold digger, Manipulative, seducing and God know what" She yelled back in front of everyone.

"You what?" Vedant Asked, tessa was in shock. "You asshole" Tessa yelled and kaira left. "Kaira wait" I said and cursed myself And rushed towards her but she was already in the elevator who's door was now shut and was shot with a heavy fist on my face. Fuck vedant.

It didn't really matter at the moment so i rushed to the basement.

Till I made to basement her car was gone.