How to Choose Laser Marking Machine or Ink Inkjet Printer?

Ink inkjet printers and laser coding machine are currently more popular inkjet marking equipment.For example, the production date, expiration date, shelf life, barcode, traceability QR code on the product packaging, as well as the batch number, logo and other information on various wires and cables, pipe plates, metal fittings...Inkjet printers can be seen everywhere. However, there are certain differences between the two types of coding equipment, so let me introduce them briefly today.

1. In terms of working principle and printing effect

The working principle of the inkjet printer is that under the action of pressure, the ink enters the spray chamber, and a crystal oscillator is installed in the spray chamber.Through vibration, the ink is ejected from the nozzle with a very small aperture to form fixed interval dots. Through CPU processing and phase tracking,some ink dots passing through the charging electrode are charged with different electric nuclei, and undergo different offsets under the high-voltage magnetic field of several thousand volts, fly out of the nozzle and fall on the surface of the moving product, forming a dot matrix,thus forming text, numbers or graphics.The ink drying speed is fast, the printing distance is relatively long, and the requirements for printing materials are also very low. Marking effect is clear and can be erased or replaced.

The laser coding machine is the laser marking machine, which uses different lasers to hit the laser beam on the surface of various materials.Light energy causes physical or chemical changes in the surface material, thereby engraving patterns, trademarks and characters.The visual effect is unique, the mark is clear, it cannot be erased and changed, and it has a certain anti-counterfeiting effect.

2. In terms of work efficiency

The inkjet printer is suitable for online production and has high production efficiency.

The laser marking machine adopts online high-speed laser marking, which has high production efficiency, and it can work statically under the high-speed flow of the production line.

3. In terms of coding content

Inkjet printers can print dates, batch numbers, patterns, QR codes, etc., and there are certain restrictions on the number of printing lines and font size.

The printing content of the laser printer can include date, serial number, batch number, barcode, two-dimensional code, pattern, etc., and the number of printing lines and font size are not limited.

4in the post-maintenance

The performance of the inkjet printer is stable and reliable, but due to changes in ambient temperature, humidity and dust, regular maintenance is required. Consumables such as ink and solvent are consumed in daily use.

The performance of the laser inkjet printer is stable and reliable, it can work continuously around the clock, and the maintenance-free time exceeds 20,000 hours, no consumables are required for daily use.

The inkjet printer adopts a non-contact coding method, which is suitable for most flat or uneven product surfaces.Laser machines are divided into carbon dioxide laser machines, fiber laser machines, ultraviolet laser machines, etc. Different materials and colors of different products use different types of laser machines to spray codes.Therefore, which kind of inkjet equipment is suitable for the enterprise still depends on the material, color and inkjet requirements of our product packaging.