Chapter 4: The Second Chase

Two Months Later:
Kira was able to overcome her past and help Boruto and his friends were on the case with the shadow ninja. It was a long chase and there was a fierce battle, but with Kira's help, they were able to emerge victorious.

Finally, they received a tip that the shadow ninja was hiding out in an abandoned building near the edge of the village. Boruto and his friends, along with Kira, rushed to the location.

As they entered the building, they were immediately attacked by the shadow ninja. It was a fierce battle, with the ninja using their shadow jutsu to create illusions and confusion.

Kira was able to hold her own against the shadow ninja, using her own shadow jutsu to counter their attacks. Boruto and his friends worked together, using their unique skills to distract and weaken the enemy.

In the end, it was Boruto who landed the final blow, delivering a powerful Rasengan that sent the shadow ninja flying across the room.

As they stood victorious, Boruto turned to Kira with a smile.

"Thanks for your help," he said. "We couldn't have done it without you."

Kira smiled back, feeling a sense of pride and accomplishment. She had made new friends and had proven to herself that she was capable of great things.

"I'm just glad I could help," she said.

Boruto and his friends walked out of the building, feeling relieved and proud of what they had accomplished. They knew that there would always be new threats to the Hidden Leaf Village, but they also knew that they were strong enough to face them, with their bonds of friendship and their unwavering determination to protect their home.

Having the feeling of unease, she fell to her knees. Shikadai, who was closer to her, held onto her, to support her, and the others stared.

"I don't think this fight is over yet," she said as she coughed out blood.

"Kira!" They were nervous.

"This is a fight for our Jōnin ninjas," they all rushed out of there.

Shikadai supported Kira as they returned to their village. Someone greeted them at the gates. It was just Shikamaru and Naruto.

"Dad?" Boruto said.

"Kira alerted Sakura when she left the hospital about the mission and the dangers of it and so we came here with a bunch of Jōnin and Chūnin to fight the remaining members," they looked at Kira who was smiling a weak smile.

Sakura knelt down and put her hand over Kira's chest. Healing Chakra poured out of the pink-haired medic ninjas hands. The girl sighed of relief as she felt the tightness of her heart going away. Sarada watched her mother. The other members of their mission felt bad for using her when she was clearly in critical condition before.

Shikadai helped her stand up, which made  Shikamaru and Temari proud. Seeing that he's treating a girl with high respect. The boy held her hands as gently as he could. Kira thanked Sakura. She'd been home. Shikadai walked her home.

When they arrived at her apartment. She thanked him personally. "You know, with all that happened, this is made me feel better of myself and what I could do," she whispered softly to Shikadai.

"Yeah. It was troublesome but I'm glad it all ended well-somewhat well." He agreed.

"Thanks for walking me home sir genius," she placed a gentle kiss on his cheek.

Shikadai was flabbergasted by her action. She lightly closed her door. Going to get changed so she could rest  after a very long night of trying to help the group catch their shadow ninja. Kira was grateful to have met the kids.