Chapter 1

You hopped off the private plan with Stephanie McMahon and Triple H entering the large venue. "Feels good to be back, doesn't it?" Hunter asked.

You breathed in the familiar scent of sweat and dedication and nodded, "it does."

Stephanie smiled, "it's a new era here, one that you paved the way for."

You smiled, "who'd have thought getting my ass kicked repeatedly would have paved the way for a new era."

Hunter laughed, "how about being a part of the most dominant faction in Sports Entertainment?"

You chuckled, "I don't know about "most dominant", sure as hell the funniest though." Hunter clapped you on the shoulder and laughed, leading you into the venue and giving you a quick tour.

"Quite a bit has changed since you were last here," Stephanie said, "but you'll find that it is still a tough and exciting environment."

You nodded, "it's hard to believe there is anything more controversial than the attitude era."

Hunter laughed, "no, there certainly is not."

—--

Flashback

You watched in the back as Triple H and Shawn Michaels bantered with Vince and Shane for the 10th time this month. DX always came out on top, but it was still fun to watch. Hunter and Shawn were your best friends in this business, you came into it at 17 years old, the youngest in the business and were immediately targeted for that reason.

But after dominating the women's division and then started getting your ass kicked by men who thought they would prove a point, you made a few friends, some pretty powerful friends. DX brought you in, knowing you matched their hardcore and full of life attitude. With the best backup you could ask for, you all rose to the top.

You were just coming off an injury, that's why you were in the back. WWE trainers hadn't cleared you yet, so all you really could do was watch for a while.

You fixed your eyes back on the screen, shaking your daydream from your head. Hunter and Shawn were now in the ring with all three McMahons and the entirety of the Spirit Squad, "wimps" you whispered under your breath.

The Spirit Squad was the faction that injured you. Hunter and Shawn were banned from the arena and they took advantage, that was almost a month ago now. You watched as Hunter and Shawn quickly threw the Spirit Squad from the ring, focusing their attention on Shane and Vince. Just as Hunter was getting the upper hand, Stephanie ran forward and kicked him between the legs, you winced as Hunter dropped to his knees.

Shawn was unable to do anything to Stephanie, but the numbers game finally caught up now that the Spirit Squad had reentered the ring. "Come on boys," you whispered, trying to will Hunter and Shawn to their feet. But they didn't, you watched for a few minutes as the McMahons slowly tore your friends apart.

You cringed each time you heard the sound of flesh hitting the mat. Even Stephanie joined in on the fun for a while. Shane was grabbing a chair and securing it around Shawn's knee when you finally knew what you needed to do - injury or not, you had to save your friends.

"Shit," you muttered. You ran to the curtain in front of the ramp and shouted to one of the production crew members, "hit my music."

You heard the familiar scream of the beginning of your entrance music as you tore through the curtain and ran down the ramp towards the ring. You slid into the ring and stood in between the heap of DX and the McMahons.

—------------------

Ring Announcers POV

"Oh my god, is that Banchee?" Jerry said in surprise as you ran to the ring. "Now remember not a month ago she was brutally attacked by the Spirit Squad at the order of Vince McMahon."

"That's right Jerry," Michael Cole said, "and she does not look happy."

"Well would you be happy if you got beat up by a bunch of male cheerleaders?" Jerry said with a laugh.

"Do you think (Y/N) is out of her depth?" Michael asked.

Jerry paused for a moment, "she is one of the most dominant divas in the business, but sometimes you just can't measure up to a man."

—----------------------

You stood in between DX and the McMahons, Hunter and Shawn still in a heap on the mat. "What the hell do you think you're doing?" Vince screamed.

You said nothing, you were trying to buy Hunter and Shawn time to recover, there was no way you could take on the team before you, not alone and not injured.

Shane laughed for a moment, before taking the microphone from his father's hands, "I think she wants another beating, Spirit Squad!" he said, pointing at you, "make sure she doesn't get up this time."

You dropped low, ready to fight, knowing you had no choice now. "Stupid," you thought to yourself, this was stupid and now you put yourself at greater risk. But the adrenaline pumping in your veins made you forget about the pain you were in.

The Spirit Squad surrounded you, slowly inching in. Mikey reeled his arm back, ready to land the first blow, when Shawn ran from the side, hitting a Sweet Chin Music right to the side of Mikey's skull. Hunter came charging in from behind you, hitting Kenny and Mitch out of the way as Shawn dispatched Nicky and Johnny as well.

With all the members of the Spirit Squad deposited outside the ring, Shawn and Hunter stood next to you as the McMahons stared at you in disbelief.

"Come on!" you screamed, motioning for them to make a move. Stephanie shook her head and pulled her brother and father away from the fight.

The McMahons and the Spirit Squad backpedaled up the ramp and towards the back. You leaned over the side of the ring as one of the crew members placed a microphone in your hand. You laughed and handed it to Hunter and the three of you stared down the ramp.

"And if you're not down with that, we've got two words for you!" Hunter shouted, his deep voice booming.

"SUCK IT!" The crowd chanted as the Spirit Squad and the McMahons moved into the back.

You, Hunter and Shawn stood in the middle of the ring, arms around one another with smiles on your faces. You laughed as the crowd continued to chant "DX" even after the show went off the air. 

Banchee (WWE x Reader)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें