A Trip With You

'Macaron. Butter. Croissant.'

Dabi quickened his pace. It's no surprise that he's not bumping into anyone as he walked down the busy streets of Paris. The smell of the morning air pricked his nose, but it wasn't unpleasant.

'Flowers. Onion Soup. Cheese.'

His ears were becoming accustomed to hearing foreign words such as 'bonjour' and 'merci beaucoup'. The shopkeepers greeted him as he passed by, and he smiled back.

'Baguette. Pot-au-Feu. Coffee.'

A young woman sputtered "Toya-kun," from behind him.

Chizu was panting his real name when he checked his back. He was walking so quickly that she was unable to keep up. She appeared to be in pain as she had a hand on her knee.

"Let's have some coffee first, please. I'm certain you want one too," she said, putting on a smile even though she didn't want to confess that she was exhausted. He sighed, before grasping her arm and dragging her into a small café.

***

Chizu watched as her beloved was put in jail for his crime as the Great War came to an end. Even though she was aware that she shouldn't feel sorry for him, her love for him was just too much for her to bear. She consequently asked Endeavor and his family whether she could provide Dabi with the same support as them. To check on Dabi and his mental health, Chizu, along with his family members, would go see him every single day.

Soon after being released and received proper rehabilitation, Dabi began to feel uncomfortable. Despite being the first son of Endeavor, Number One Hero, he knew that he was not pardoned for his crime because he was enlisted as one of the most dangerous criminals. But he was never left alone. His family would make sure that he's under supervision.

Chizu proposed that his family take him on vacation as the ex-villain started to feel increasingly uneasy about returning to society. Knowing that their first child and Chizu were in a romantic relationship that had the approval of both of their families, Endeavor and his wife suggested that Chizu take their son on vacation instead. She initially hesitant, but the Pro Hero assured her that he would consider this request with her father.

Chizu was taken aback by the final choice and the thought that her father accepted the proposal from Endeavor. While they had already made some arrangements for the greatest hotels and flights for their comfortable stays, the couple's fathers thought that they should have a memorable journey. Since they'll be around for two weeks, they might as well make the most of their time together.

Their first and only encounter, which was almost eleven years ago, they haven't actually spoken to one another.

***

After their arrival in Paris, it has been five days. Fortunately, the couple had done some study previously because they were unsure about what they'd do there. Visiting several cafés, flower stores, and even sights that were not frequented by travelers from around the world.

The white haired man worriedly sipped his espresso while watching as his lover's café crème caused her tongue to burn. He handed her a tissue paper to help her with the pain once their orders had been delivered. Chizu got a butter croissant, while Dabi ordered pain au chocolat.

"You okay?" he asked.

The pale blonde haired young woman did nothing but smile while consuming the croissant. Her taste buds were really pampered by the flaky texture. She forgot about the discomfort the hot beverage had brought her as the aroma of butter greatly brightened her day.