Untitled Part 1

First day

Victoria was finally free.

It felt like she hadn't been back at her apartment for weeks. Her days seemed to be filled with her classes and tiring assignments. Not that she usually complained of it, but it was needlessly exhausting when this was the recurring circumstance for days to come.

But whenever she felt the need to complain, guilt engulfed her, consuming her entirely. She shouldn't be whining! In fact, she should be enjoying and savoring these remaining days, since it was the last semester of her last year at university.

After this, no more Monday raves, no more immature bets and games with her roommates. It'd be time to grow up in less than a month, and she was trying to put it off for as long as possible.

The whole growing up, maturing, 'we're going to be adults' thing was constantly pricking at the back of her head. One day, she's going to wake up and she's going to have to stop with all the silly 'dick-sy' jokes and several other antics. But she had decided to bury the depressing thoughts under, just for this one weekend.

Her free weekend. Weekend away from the boys (her roommates.) The boys were in Vegas on a last minute summer trip with some other guys. She loved her idiots, but living with them got messy. Literally and figuratively. That's what happens when you live with 2 people, well, 3, if you count their dog - Dixie.

It all started when Vicky & her twin brother - William Collins, both got into the same university, Dartmouth, a whopping 3200 miles away from home. They had to move to the USA, a completely unfamiliar and new country and start their budding lives as college students.

Victoria loved her brother, although they had opposing personalities, they really gelled and were as close as two people who shared a womb could be. They were both glad they had the company of each other, and decided to rent an apartment - this very apartment, 15 R, right next to the campus.

In a month, the Collins twins discovered that the rent was exorbitantly high, considering how the apartment had 4 rooms and was in a particularly nice neighborhood. The family was well to do, but with Liam being a slight spender on booze and premium TV channels, rent came second.

They desperately needed a roommate, and coincidentally on Vicky's first day, she met a really nice boy - Griffin Knight, who showed her around campus and stuck with her the entire day. He didn't crack one single UK joke too! (he had plenty of them which they learnt when they became closer)

On an even bigger coincidence, he was looking to quit his long commute from home and move closer to campus. The opportunity presented itself so elegantly on a silver platter, and the decision was a no brainer.

Victoria invited Finn to live with them and it went smoothly. For the most part. Little did they know he was definitely not as nice as he seemed on the first day. (He was still her best friend though)

Vicky had to come to terms with the sad fact that over a couple of months, Griffin was more of Liam's friend than hers, even though she introduced them to each other. It was sad really, but if you zoomed in on the picture, they really were all incredibly close.

Finn and Liam just had more boy stuff to bond over - hitting on girls, picking up girls, girls at parties, girls in short skirts. Girls in general. Vicky enjoyed the bro talk, but sometimes it got downright disgusting. The feminist in her makes her gag.

So now that the guys weren't around, she could really relax, kick her feet up. She didn't have to go back to campus until Monday and had no plans for the weekend. She had the calming jazz music going, scented candles, popcorn, beer and her favorite comfort show - American Horror story.