My Little Brother

Start from the beginning

In the hallway, Leo, Kyle, Bree, and I were hanging out when Perry walked in. "Morning, oxygen hogs!" Perry says. "Time for another surprise locker inspection! Why, you ask? The superintendent says that if I'm gonna accuse you little criminals of doing stuff I need evidence. Lindsey, you're up." Perry walks up to Lindsey's locker and starts looking through it.

"Stuffed animal? What is this, your prom date?" Perry says, throwing the teddy bear across the room. "Makeup? You've already lost that battle, sweetheart." She throws the makeup bag across the room.

"You know what? I am so tired of Principal Perry and her power trips. How does she keep getting away with this stuff?" Bree says.

"Just accept it. It's a lot easier once you let go of the hope." Leo says.

"No. I agree with Bree. This has to stop." I say.

"Me too. This has been going on way too long and someone has to do something." Kyle says.

"Ooh, pretzel logs! Jackpot!" Perry says. She turns to Bree. "You're next, glow stick." Perry walks over to Bree's locker but Bree steps in front of it.

"I don't think so," Bree says. Our eyes widen in shock as we watch Bree attempt to block Perry from looking through her locker. Perry manages to get through and holds up her hand in front of Bree's face.

"Stiff arm. Legal play." Perry says.

"Okay, Principal Perry, this is not fair. You walk around here like a dictator and treat the student body like prisoners." Bree says.

"Aww, you noticed. It's so good to be appreciated." Perry says.

"No. This is no way to run a school. And I think that we speak for everyone when I say we're not gonna take it anymore!" I say. The students in the hallway gasp and turn away.

"You tell her, baby!" Kyle says, putting his arm around me.

"And by we, she means the three of them. You and me, rock solid." Leo says.

"Are you challenging my authority?" Perry asks Bree, Kyle, and me.

"She's sweating through her pantsuit. Retreat, retreat!" Leo says to the three of us.

"Listen, lipstick, shorty, and blue jeans." Kyle looks down at his blue jeans and gives Perry a weird look. I thought it was an odd nickname but then again what isn't odd about Perry? "I didn't command a ship in the merchant marines to take guff from you," Perry says.

"You know, we just think the school might be a bit more enjoyable if we were treated like adults and had more freedom," Kyle says.

"Yeah, you tell her, babe!" I say.

"Right, and then we could all ride unicorns to school and eat food that passes a health inspection," Perry says.

"But it doesn't have to be like this," Kyle says.

"Oh, yes, it does. I learned one thing from my mother: to rule with an iron fist." Perry says. "Oh, and that salad takes up space where meat should be."

"She sounds like a lovely woman," Leo says.

"She isn't!" Perry says. "You kids think my job is so easy, don't ya?"

"Well, I mean, how hard can it be? You do it." Bree says. The students in the hallway began to murmur about what Bree just said.

"You three think you can do better? All right! Have at it. School's yours." Perry says. "You go ahead and be co-principals for a day."

"What?" Bree says.

"Yeah. Go ahead and be the nice principals. These maggots will eat you alive in two hours." Perry says. "You coulda used your last breath to scream for help, but you shoulda used it to say I'm sorry."