Chapter 40: R.I.P. 2 my Youth

Start from the beginning

"I... don't really want to talk about it," she honestly answered and rubbed the back of her neck, "Just get some rest, okay? I promise I'll take care of myself."

"I can still come over," he added, "Sorry I won't be able to talk much. I hope you don't mind me sleeping on the couch of your club room—"

"No, no! Please... stay there and get some sleep," the (h/c)-haired female pleaded. Her facial expression then turned somber as she quietly whispered, "I don't want you to worry about me..."

"You make that difficult..." she heard him mumble before she heard an exasperated sigh on his end, "Fine, whatever. You're making my headache worsen anyways."

Rindo snickered and one corner of (y/n)'s lips curled upwards. She already caused him so much trouble the past week or so, he didn't need another sob story on top of a killer hangover to add onto the list.

"Call me if you need anything and I'll come rushing over. It might take an hour or two but I'll get there eventually," he jested and she lightly chuckled in amusement, "Talk to you later, (y/n)."

"Bye, Rindo. Sleep well," the (e/c)-eyed girl murmured as she guiltily peered over to the mess of shredded paper below.

She gulped away her shame, and it was only when she heard the 'click' of the phone that she released a breath she didn't know she was holding. Staring at it with nothing but bitterness and hatred, the (h/c)-nette ruffled the back of her head in frustration.

"Time to get back to work, I guess..."

|—~•~—|

"(Y/n)-san, please," the look Taichi gave her screamed desperately for her to do something— anything, "Take a break."

"Did Rindo tell you to look after me?" The (h/c)-haired teen tiredly questioned as her eyes never once looked up from her new drawing.

"No, he didn't, but you've been like that since first period," he mentioned and she had to stop herself from wincing at the comment, "You look like you're about to collapse from exhaustion. Did you even eat your lunch?"

"I'll eat in a bit," she stated and the raven-haired male frowned at the response, "I want to work on one more outfit and then I'll start eating."

"Wait, I thought you finished that last week?" He questioned and she mentally cursed at her slip-up. The lack of sleep brought her guard down that she barely even processed her mistake.

"A-Ah yeah I did, but I want to redo a couple of them," (y/n) quickly recovered.

"(Y/n)-san..." Taichi trailed off. Gritting his teeth, he mentally braced himself for his next statement, "Please eat. If you don't, I'll... I'll...? I'll call Haitani Rindo here! You'll listen to him, right?"

Taichi himself was unsure about his proclamation. He wasn't even sure if this was such a serious ordeal to be concerned about nor if it was something the Haitani brother would do. Heck, he didn't even consider if (y/n) would listen to Rindo in the first place, but he can't keep watching his friend spiral downwards like this.

Luckily for him, it appeared to work in his favor as the panicked look in the girl's (e/c) eyes begged him not to. She promised herself that morning that she didn't want to bother Rindo, and this might break said promise.

"I'll eat! Please don't call Rindo," she immediately spoke, causing the poor male to jump at the sudden exclamation, "I worried him enough so please..."

"Okay, I won't call him," Taichi smiled and he was glad that his bluff worked. He didn't even have his number anyways.

"Also, Taichi, I should apologize," the (y/h) girl uttered and he tilted his head in confusion, "You shouldn't have to beg for my well-being to the point that you found it necessary to persuade me. You were concerned for me and I took your concern for granted. I'm sorry..."