Chapter Eleven: I only want to protect you

The boys looked shocked.
They had never considered that he might change his order.

Why should they? It wasn't like their killer and kidnapper had shown any signs of having that in mind. Maybe because they didn't want to admit it.
After all, that meant he was in control. And that was something the boys didn't want. Now they should finally be the one who were in control could prevent their deaths and so much more damage. But if he could change the order, that gave him power. He was unmanageable, acting like a wild animal.

Robin was the first to find his voice.
"We should definitely be careful. Finn's right, if we can change things, then so could he."
Bruce didn't look that convinced, or rather didn't want to be convinced.
"Do you really think he could do that?"

Griffin snorted and shook his head.
"I do think Finney has a point.. he looked scared as hell after the nightmare." he offered his opinion, although he looked frightened by what it meant.

Because if it was true, they had no way of gauging his steps, what he would do next, and who would be in danger next. Finney hated this thought just as much as they did, but he was sure they didn't have a feeling of guilt washing over them. He survived while they didn't. Though now all of them could get out.

"I don't understand why we give the pig some brains, why would he be smart enough to change the order?" Vance of all people said that, which Finney confirmed in his decision not to mention the call. Vance had no idea it was him telling Finney about it. It was better that way, he thought.
Because then it really was just his subconsciousness trying to warn him, and not Vance while he was sleeping.

Paperboy rolled his eyes.
"The guy was smart enough to grab us at times when no one would notice, so we've got to burst your little bubble. That asshole is smart."

"Zip your lips. ' Vance hissed simply and simply, although he was clearly concerned about what was being said.

"I think we should just keep our eyes open and, as we've already agreed, just don't be alone. Because then he has no chance of taking one of us." Finney suggested, trying to meditate on the situation. Of course, the others would be skeptical even if they believed him.

After all, he was the one who could talk to spirits and snapped the bitch's neck.

They just needed to keep each other safe until they had the weapons and the plan ready.

"Sounds like a good idea.. Paperboy, maybe I could accompany you tomorrow ?" agreed Robin, while Griffin gave Bruce and Vance a knowing smirk. For a moment Finney was confused but chose to ignore it, though as seen in the past, it does not always work out fine for him. But ist still a lot easier.

Though Finney didn't like the thought of Robin and Paperboy just going to the house of the man, while they sure as hell wouldn't do anything dangerous (he'd definitely be more worried about that if Vance was going with PB), but still.
It was a sickening feeling to imagine this man not only addressing Paperboy but also offering things to Robin.
Of course, his original idea had been that they took turns, but now with this question about changing the order, he wanted to give him as little choice as possible.

Finney looked at them both skeptically.
"Maybe we shouldn't take turns. I know that was actually my suggestion, but what if he actually does it? Change the order. Should we really give him that much choice?" He didn't want to be responsible for causing any of them to suffer more. So he would prevent it, at least as far as it was in his hands.

Bruce nodded in agreement. He looked around for a moment before turning his gaze back to the boys.
"I think Finney is right, we shouldn't give the Creep as much opportunity to choose one of us. And this brings us back to our plan. We should definitely do it over a weekend." Bruce obviously changed the subject, but nobody did mind. Because if they kill him, they wouldn't have to worry about him changing his order.