"So, that is why you helped me out?" I asked softly, my vocal chords tightening at this new information.

He was toying with me. Everything was an act.

"I wasn't lying to you, Mitch. This doesn't affect anything I said to you." He replied after a short pause.

"Then, why?" I asked more sternly and stood up from my seat.

"We hated each other. What do you expected from our relationship then? I'm sure you didn't want to marry me." He replied his voice had more volume.

"And, you think I would want to marry you now after admitting something like that?" I argued angrily and glared at him.

"Come on, Mitch." He pleaded softly, though there wasn't any weight on his words.

"I applaud you for what you've done, Hugh. Truly you haven't changed since the last time we met." I replied with distaste as I gathered my things.

"I told you it's not like that, okay. What was I am supposed to do at that time? You clearly hated me while I'm stuck and secretly in love with you," he argued back, his voice raised an octave as he stood up from his seat.

The room became quiet as we glowered at each other. I didn't know how longer we kept the staring competition until someone finally cleared their throat, breaking the eerie silence.

"Can we clear things out for a moment? Are you two currently together?" my grandfather asked in interest as he glanced between Hugh and me.

I blinked a couple of time before I regained my composure. "I'm not so sure about it right now, granddad. I don't see us being together at the moment," I replied harshly as I stood up from my chair. I could feel Hugh's eyes continued to bore at me.

"Michelle, dear, what he admitted is clearly not something to be angry about?" my grandfather urged as he tried to soften out the tension.

"I can't deal with that right now. After telling me all of this, I don't know what to believe," I grumbled as I stomped my way towards the door. "Have a good day gentlemen," I briefly said before closing the door behind me.

I continued to march towards the elevator and relieved to see that I was opened as people pile out of the lift. I quickly entered and pressed the button to the lobby. Before the metal door closed, I faintly heard my name being called by a familiar voice. I ignored it and allowed the elevator to descend down.

When I reached the lobby, Russell and a few of the security staff greeted me. I stopped on my tracks, taken aback by their actions.

"What are you doing?" I asked a bit breathless.

"Ms. Newman, you can't go out through those doors. There are a lot of paparazzi. And also, your father told me to not let you get out of the building," Russell replied as he took a cautionary step towards me.

"Wha... Okay," I stuttered as I tried to find a way out. I turned around and found one of the elevator door opened.

I was about to walk in when Hugh walked out of the said elevator. I studied his apologetic face as he stopped an arm's lengthen in front of me.

"Michelle, I'm so sorry that I didn't tell you about our parent's plans. I know that I'm asking too much after you've just forgiven me for what I did to you two years ago. But it wasn't my intention to hurt you like this. I didn't know what to do or how to approached the situation without making you loath me. I love you, Michelle Newman. And I'm a fool for being childish in trying to get your attention. I'm so sorry," he pleaded while he kept taking small steps until there was little distance between us.