"Robert. I am... I..." I stuttered as my heart suddenly raced at how the situation turned. I slowly pulled my hands away from him as I stood from my seat. "Robert. A lot has happen since last night. I don't want to skirt around it, but I'm now dating Hugh Burns. You've met his brother..." I trailed off as the smile of his face quivered into a frown.

"You were also with him, plus the journalist and me? How many men are you really dating, Michelle?" he asked sternly, his eyebrow scrunched together while the frown on his face deepen.

"No. No. It isn't like that with Hugh," I interjected as I paced away from him. I glanced around the bar and saw a few people eying us with curiosity.

"Then what is it? Why him?"

"This topic needs to be dwelt in a private place, Robert. Let's not do this here," I warned as I glanced around the bar again.

He tore his eyes from me and looked around the room. He straightened his jacket, which made me studied the formal grey suit he was wearing. I looked back at the bar and called Vince for my bill for my beer. After I paid, I patted Robert's arm and nodded my head towards the exit. He gave me a stiff nod and walked on ahead of me out of the bar.

When we were by the sidewalk in front of the bar, Robert suggested driving us somewhere but I shook my head.

"I know you wanted to understand why I didn't pick you. And I'm sorry for dragging you in this mess. To make you feel better, I did consider you, Robert. But this is more than just dating around," I admitted apologetically.

"I understand. Can I at least have one last hug?" he nodded in defeat.

I looked at him for a moment and nodded my head. He spread his arm in invite without taking the initiative. He was giving me a choice. I smiled at his offer and gave him the hug he deserved. If I didn't have Hugh, I would have been happily married Robert when the one hundred days were over.

After our brief farewell, we separated ways. I watched him entered his car, which was parked near the bar. When I was sure he wasn't coming back, I turned around and headed towards my apartment. For a moment, I had a gut feeling of guilt. But as I entered the lobby of my apartment building, my phone vibrated with an incoming message. I felt the frown on my face turned up as I read the sender.

Today has to be the best day of my life, except the day I met you. I hope you are okay after you talked to your friends. If you aren't, please don't go to a bar and drink it out. Call and let's head out to that bar together.

I love you.

Hugh.

I snickered at his message while my face flushed at his three last words. I hadn't heard him clearly say it to me. But we've just started dating today. I would get it out of his system sooner.

As I entered my apartment and headed to my room, I jumped direction on top of my bed with my phone in hand. I created a new message in reply to Hugh's text.

I already went out for my drink. You're too late, maybe next time.

Good Night and see you tomorrow. Don't be late.

Mitch.

After I hit send, I placed my phone on my bedside table and headed toward my closet to grab my sleepwear. I headed to the bathroom to wash up and change before going back to bed. When I was tucked in under my comforter, I grabbed my phone again with a new message on my screen.

Next time. That is a promise.

I will be early, am I not always?

Good night and sweet dreams.