°˖✧✿✧˖°Chapter 20°˖✧✿✧˖°

Start from the beginning

"Shinobu is Muichiro awake?" I asked her

"Tokito? I'm not sure, you can check if you'd like. He's three doors down, but be easy on the injuries, or I'll have to re-bandage them." She said with a threatening smile, scary.

I nodded, and she left the room, I got out of bed being easy with my left leg since it still hurt. I made my way down the hall passing two doors before I stopped at the third. I knocked, waiting for a reply.

"Come in." Muichiro's soft voice spoke

I slid open the door and stepped in, Muichiro was sitting up drinking his medicine. He had bandages on his left cheek and his lower right. I assumed Shinobu also bandaged his other wounds.

"Morning, Muichiro-kun! Are you doing okay?" I sat down at the end of his bed.

"Good morning, Y/n! I'm doing okay, I can't really feel the pain." He had a smile, a sweet one.

"Did something happen? You seem in a good mood!" I smiled, I liked this. His smile was bigger than the ones he gave me, even though I loved the small ones.

"Yeah, actually. I've been wanting to tell you." He calmly spoke

I waited for him to speak again, I was pretty excited.

"During the fight, while I was trapped in that bubble. I remembered words that had been spoken to me, but I didn't know who it was. I've gained my memories back, y/n. I remember everything." He said with the same sweet smile.

"Muichiro! That's amazing!" I got so excited I hugged him a little too tight.

"Y/n!" He laughed, "We're still healing be careful." He said while wrapping his arms around me.

"Sorry! I'm just so happy for you! So, you remember everything?" I said pulling away from the hug, and holding onto his hands.

"Yes, I remember my past, I remember everyone. I remember all the memories we have together." He said squeezing my hands slightly.

"Can you tell me about your past?" I excitedly said

His eyes dulled and his smile disappeared.

"It's okay if you don't want to!" I frantically said, I didn't want to upset him.

"No it's alright, I'll tell you." His eyes lit up again when he met my eyes.

I smiled motioning him to speak, "I had a brother. His name was Yuichiro. I had parents too, my mom died from a sickness. My father died trying to get medicine for her, he fell off of a cliff while it was storming. My brother and I were alone, and Amane came around from time to time asking if we wanted to be demon slayers. My brother would always chase her away, and during the summer, when we were eleven, a demon attacked us. My brother lost his left arm, and I lost it all in rage and destroyed the demon with everything we had in our house. The demon burnt in the sun and I crawled back inside to find my brother. He was praying, and I held onto him as he passed away. Amane saved me, and I lost my memory from a head injury. I guess I took after my brother's personality." He chuckled at the last part.

"Muichiro, you're strong. I'm sorry you had to go through that. You have a strong heart." I poked his chest, hugging him again.

"Thank you. Y/n I have a feeling a final battle is going to happen soon. We are going to take down the demon king." He spoke with his arms wrapped around me.

"Kibutsiji will die. We'll all ensure it, but I want us to survive. As selfish as it may seem." I smiled while pulling away.

"Let's be selfish then." He also had a sweet smile.

"Promise me you'll live." I held up my pinkie, and he locked his with mine.

"Only if you promise to live too."

༺♥༻❀༺♥༻༺♥༻❀༺♥༻༺♥༻

awhhh, kms. I cried 12 times reading the manga.

700+ readers, WHERE ARE YOU SPAWNING?

word count: 1606

edited 6/10/23