Some Little Snitch (Chapter 19)

Start from the beginning

"Do you never get compliments? Makes sense, HEH now you have leverage on me and I on you, I say we strike a deal!"
I suggested knowing that I'll deal with Hanako as soon as we got rid of our trouble with Teru. The situation only had gotten more complicated while my mind still was running, searching trying to find an answer to why a mokke would betray its own kind.

If only I could tell myself it was Yashiro, Kou or perhaps even Akane but none of them knew about my meeting with Teru. It had to have been someone from my group...who???

"What are you thinking of?"
He questioned intrigued

"The enemy of my enemy is my friend~"
I said hoping he would catch onto what I meant and he did

"Ah~ I see but even if I help you take down Teru, how do I know you won't stab me in the back?"

"Pretty simple, you don't! As soon as we are done with him we can go back to being enemies."
I explain with an aloof expression

"But if I don't help you, he'll deal with you soon enough and then I won't have to ~"
He pointed out making me scoff, his actions weren't making sense.

"In thaAaaAat CaSE why did you even show up here if you are so well informed and know that Teru most likely will get rid of us today?"

"Good question, I just wanted to see how strong you guys are and I don't regret it. It just wasn't what I had expected~"
Hanako replied while I noticed that the commotion in the background had died down.

"Well, then this deal should be just great for you! I mean from one supernatural to another we both know how annoying Teru can be."
I say trying to keep my cool knowing our conversation was coming to an end.

"You have a point- hng..."
His last sentence was finally stopped as a small enchanted blade was placed against his neck, pocking into the flesh ever so slightly. For a second I could feel his haku-joudai weaken and I didn't hesitate to swiftly move his armed hand from my throat and get a safe distance between us.

"Well, well you were in quite a pinch there boss~"
Cotton smiled, it had successfully sneaked up to him and jumped onto his shoulder with a dagger in hand. I always knew Cotton was smuggling something in its fur but a whole ass dagger wasn't what I expected. Not that I thought it dealt drugs or something Phahah Nahhhh...fuck.

A shrill chuckle escaped my lips as I took a look at Hanako's narrowed eyes and wrinkles on his forehead from frowning.
"Oh wow, I would say how the tables have turned but to be truthful I already knew this was going to happen! Now go ahead and drop that knife, kid."

Hanako stayed silent, as he lowered his kitchen knife to the floor. He was grinding his teeth as I made a hand motion signaling for him to push the knife to me. The metal slithered over the floor as sweat drops dripped down his chin.

A giddy feeling manifested in every breath I took as stood up just to stare down at him on his knees. I could feel the emotions shaping my eyes as I pointed a finger gun right beneath his cap.

"Too bad I'll be dropping that deal now~ Hanako, with this you have officially been ripped off the title, RULER OF THE SEVEN MYSTERIESSSS!"
With that, I made a shooting hand motion flicking his cap from his head.

Tenderly it fell to the ground, clunking slightly as the metal decoration made contact with the floor. Each clunk sends a surge of sparkles rushing through my vanes. As I retrieved my hand it started to invade my mind a thought that was as dangerous as it felt beautiful.
I was on top of the world!

"HAKU-JOUDAI-"
His tone was breathy

"Te, te, te don't even try~ Is the desperation messing with you so hard already that you forgot about the knife around your throat?"
The floating orbs stopped mid-way as I imagined the stinging of a blade that was being pressed deeper into skin. Slowly breaking and spilling droplets of hot red despair.

My hair loosened from the places it was stuck to but my breath wasn't calming as I took the red curtain ties, to restrain his hands.

Cotton stayed where it was as I kneeled behind Hanako and wrapped my hand around his icy wrist, he tugged it away in retaliation, further irritating me.

I grabbed it again harshly yanking it and rolled the rope around his hands and body. I made sure to tighten it firmly while I organized my thoughts.

"It's about time you tell me who the little snitch was. I really can't get my head around it, how did you make one of my people tell you all this? Did you threaten them?"
I inquired giving the rope one last tug before I stood up

"I'm not one to betray my friends."
He scoffed probably rolling his eyes

"Oh, so you call them a friend? Ts- almost sounds like you knew each other for quite a while."
I interrogated further as he bit his lip, he shouldn't have said that.

"Believe whatever you want. This is stupid, what do you think you are going to achieve with all this?"
He questioned back and I couldn't help but reply and give him a piece of my mind. To finally have him listen to the things he ignored felt sweet but in a way also bitter. It really had to come this far for such a simple thing.

"Something you couldn't, PEACE."

His eyes widened as he turned to me and stared into mine
"Everything was peaceful till you guys started- whatever this is!"
He looked down, regret was flowing down his face in form of sweat.

"Are you alrig- Number 7?"
Mint walked in, two other Mokke pushing the curtains aside, its tone strangely calm.

"We'll continue your interrogation in a moment. And believe me, I will make you tell me who betrayed us."
I tried looking intimidating but my pain couldn't transform into anger. It didn't make sense why would someone betray us...THERE MUST HAVE BEEN A BETTER REASON!

"TCH-"
Hanako only grumbled, a light colour had clouded his cheeks. Nobody could blame him for being embarrassed after all he was THE NUMBER 7! Protector of the school supernaturals, the peacekeeper the ghosts relied on who got defeated by a few confused Mokke in his own ambush.