CHAPTER 1 - ABANDONED DAUGHTER

- LILY KRESH -

GRUUUU

"I'm hungry. My stomach hurts so much. It's been days since I ate good food."

I'm trapped inside this small basement. Even though my parents are wealthy people, they don't care at all about me. Sometimes I wonder if I'm a fostered child. Am I not their daughter? Why do they treat my big sister like a princess, but they treat me like rubbish? I want to wear nice clothes too. I also want to go to school and have a lot of friends.

From afar, I could smell delicious food. I tried to fight my urge to go and steal the food but I lost. I sneakily got inside the kitchen.

"Lobster! They look so delicious!" My mouth is watering.

There are a lot of different kinds of foods. Maybe it's because I'm too hungry, but I started to not care about others. I am usually scared if someone notices my present since my parents will beat me if someone sees me. They are embarrassed to have me as their child.

But I don't care. I'm very hungry right now. All I see is food.

I rushed to the food. I took almost all of the food there.

"Hey, what do you think you are doing right now?"

A maid caught me stealing the food. I tried to run away but it was too late.

"Wait, I didn't do anything. I'm just hungry." I tried to explain.

They didn't listen to me and just caught me. I struggled all the way to wherever they took me.

They took me to a room. Inside the room, there were a lot of terrifying weapons used to punish the criminal. My sweat was dripping down. I was scared. I don't want to be punished. Those things look so scary.

Suddenly, the door to this room opened. A male guard entered this room.

"What is your name? Do you know those meals are for higher-up guests?! We have a very important guess today," the guard scolded me. His voice is loud, making me shiver all over.

"I'm sorry. I didn't know."

'An important guest? How important is it that I'm arrested for stealing some food?'

"Usually stealing some food will just lead to a few beats. But not just you steal and eat the food. You are also making a mess of the guess. They are not someone you can offend easily."

He brought a hammer. "This will teach your hands to not steal again."

My heart stopped for a moment. 'A hammer?! Does he want to kill me? Usually they will beat me using a long wooden ruler.'

As he moved closer to me, I started to get nervous.

"WAIT, WAIT! I'M A KRESH. I'M A KRESH. I'M LILY KRESH," I shouted.

"You? A Kresh? Even a dog wouldn't believe it." He sneered at me.

"You can call my-" My words were cut off.

"Is this the beggar that destroyed my guest's food?"

A mature-looking woman can be seen. Her aura is similar to a noble lady's aura. She also has similar hair and eyes to me. Well, maybe because she is my mother.

"M- Mother, I did not know the food was for an important guest."

She looks at me. Her eyes were full of disgust. I'm fine. I'm used to the way she looks at me. Maybe one day she will like me and treat me like my big sister.

"Mother? I told you many times to not call me mother! You are not my daughter. You can punish her however you want."

After she said that, she lifted her foot to step out of the room.

As she neared the door, her foot stopped.

She turned her head in my direction. I was shocked by what I saw. My mother's face is not full of disgust anymore. It was replaced with hope.

Her face was full of hope while looking at me.