odin

When we're young, we're taught the distinction between a hero and a villian, a savior and a lost cause. What if the only real difference is just who's telling the story. My husband is both but that's the fun part.

-Sometime long ago in Ravka-
Venus||

I'm walking around the village looking for Aleksander. But I hear some grisha yelling.

I run towards the sound and see two tidemakers drowning him, my Alek. I make shadows and push them towards the boys. It makes a cut through both and I run to Aleksander.

"Alek!" I say running I pull him up and he hugs me crying

"They wanted my fingers, like my grandfather."

I rub his back "Oh Alek I would never do that."

"I know you're like me and mother."

"I am but I have no idea how neither of my parents were grisha."

He looks at me and smiles "I'm just glad you are."

I smile back "I am too."

We then get up and walk to where Baghra is. Her name is Lene now that they moved her months ago, I'm sad knowing that they'll be leaving soon.

"Baghra could I come with you?"

She turns and looks at me "Why child you'll be on the run changing names like clothes."

I nod "I know it will be hard but Aleksander is the only friend I have and we have a connection."

"I know dear, it is a gift from the saints."

I look at her "Are we soulmates?"
She nods "Yes child you and Aleksander are bonded."

I smile, "I've liked him since you two arrived."

I hear footsteps and I turn to see Alek standing there.

"Mother, there's a group of first army outside!"

I run to my room and grab my bag and Alek's. We then run out the back and didn't stop.

That's all we did for hundreds of years was run till we got news of the sun summoner.

-Now Ketterdam-
Venus||

I'm sitting at a game table along with one of Kaz's crows.

One of they men cheer "Yes! I love it!" He then points to one of the ladies I helped get a job here. "Darling, please. Drinks here. Drinks all round here, please."

She nods and walks off.

The man then looks at the game runner. "Hey, you take Zemeni coin, yes?"

The game runner nods but I see Jesper smirking, I try and shake my head knowing Kaz won't like it.

Jesper says "Let me see that. The Lucky Nine casino up the block has had trouble with counterfeit coin lately. Heavy, but brittle."

He spins the coin in his hand.

The guy says "Oh, come on, now. I've been here for hours. My money is good, no?"

Jesper responds " Zemeni coin can take a bullet. But the knockoff.

Jesper flips the coin in the air then shot it. It landed and a hole was in the coin.

He flips his gun and says "Busted."

I signal for two men to come over.

The guy says "What does that prove? Hey! Wait! What are you doing? Get off me!"