1

" the wishing star "[unedited]

[unedited]

— ONCE upon a time, a wishing star fell from the sky.

   Scorching the great woods black, the Dark Forest... was born.

   The wishing star, healing at it's center, affiliated with new life, and the legend of a single wish locked away in the star...

   Waiting to be granted.

   "Aw, look at him. Such a cute kitty, no?"

   The goddess asked literal death, who stood outside the window with her and watched as the ginger tabby slept in the doctor's office.

   "You know I'm not a cat person."

   She rolled her eyes with a smirk, sassily crossing her arms and leaning on one hip. This beautiful woman?

   K'uk'ulkan. Otherwise known as [Y/N], her mortal name, feathered serpent, goddess of rain, wind, storms and life. It was a lot to carry, but she adored watching over life. Even the worst ones.

   And Death. Lobo de La Muerte. He was the black cat, the grumpy, the friendly rival in the friendship. The two laughed at people who thought they opposed each other when really, they can't stand being without each other.

   "This one's special to you, isn't he?" She whispered. Her voice carried a breeze through the flower garden outside, blessing them with pollen.

   "Eh, more like pesky. He's one of the more selfish ones." His face held a slight scrunch. "Puss in Boots- The legend who never dies! Tell me, [Y/N], what on Earth made you give cats nine lives?" He mocked the cat before dramatically asking her the question. It wasn't his fault, I mean, I'd be pretty pent up if my rival got to die and come back to life nine times.

   "Because, Lobo..." You paused, giving him a sweet, innocent yet deceiving look. He was caught off guard when she grabbed the scruff on his neck to pull him down to her eye level, before yelling, "You cheated on the last bet!"

   He whined at the volume with a scrunched snout before regaining his posture. "Come on- tell me how I was supposed to collect 10 roosters before you gave life to 10 chicks without getting rid of them myself?"

   "Maybe if you were patient enough, you would've learned the right lesson." She swiftly shapeshifted into a snake, slithering towards the exit of the building. While Lobo was ranting about the former bet, she paid attention to the feline who her friend had quite the obsession with.

   Yes, an obsession. He talked about the cat for hours on end, and that was only a small portion of his attitude. Again, she doesn't blame him. She was there in Santa Caloma.

   It was one of those days where she decided to be generous, leading all bad weather away from the church. One of her favorite lives was getting married. Luckily, Lobo wasn't there to scold her for "being lazy" or celebrating the life of a feline.

   Kitty Softpaws reminded her of herself in a way. Even after her to-be husband fled from the marriage. She was incredibly stubborn, strong, and longing for someone she could trust.

   Death was Life's best friend. But he's done things behind her back to betray her trust. Whether or not it was serious, it hurt the more he did it. She never wants to make the mistake of giving him her heart.

   A mistake she will learn from in short time.

   "Okay, did I say something wrong or what?"

   They both rested outside a bar. The goddess was mostly quiet, other than a few confirmations or chuckles.

   "Someone misses my voice, hm?" She teased him to ease him up.

   "Yeah, whatever. I'd rather you stay silent if all you're gonna do is tease."

   They watch the cat from before waltz into the bar solemnly. The wolf takes a step inside before a hand yanks his arm. "And what exactly are you doing?"

   He moves to completely face her before groaning in annoyance. Bro acts like a child 💀.

   "Ay, Lobo... you know I can't let you interfere." She crosses her arms and looks at him with a frown.

Cute. "I know, I know, Vida- but just hear me out?"

read, vote, comment & enjoy <3