FIVE. something slight

Start from the beginning

"Nope."

Raven rolled her eyes, but her prayers were soon answered when Zack found Bailey and Cody sitting close by on their own date.

He decided to join them instead and he kept that act up for days on end. He would join them on dates, their moments alone. and they were sick of it.

They needed someone who would take Zack off of their hands so they could at least spend two minutes alone.

And that's when Raven made her way towards a chair on the deck and Cody kindly stopped her before she made her way there.

"Raven." He smiled, grabbing her arm, "Would it hurt you to do us a favor?"

"It might kill me."

Bailey approached the girls' left side, holding her arm, "This is a huge favor is taking Zack off of our hands."

"You must want to kill me yourselves." Raven smiled, "There's nothing you could do to get me to hang out with him."

Cody was quick to gesture the three of them to the table nearby and soon enough Zack approached the table.

"Whew, that was horrifying."

"Raven said she hang out with you!" Cody shouted.

Before Raven could protest the couple quickly left, leaving Zack and Raven alone.

And that's how it was for days and if Raven was going to suffer in Zack's presence, she was going to make the best of it.

Zack (the next day) had bought the two of the slices of watermelon. If she was going to sit here with a boy she had no deep interest in, she was, at least, going to have a snack while she listened to nonsense spill from his lips.

"Isn't this nice?" Zack asked.

Raven spit the watermelon seed into the towel in front of her and Zack and held her blank expression.

"No."

"Come on." Zack smiled, "If you weren't having a good time with me, you would've left by now."

He made an extremely good point which scared Raven. Yes, free things from a guy paying for them was nice, but she could've gotten her free things and left the boy alone. So why didn't she leave?

"Every time you speak to me it adds years to my life in the most negative way possible."

"And yet, you're still sitting here." He smiled.

Woody soon approached the two of them and explained how their was an air band contest and wanted to know if Zack wanted to join him. He agreed and said to meet at his cabin at 7, but with Raven's persuasion, they left to practice immediately.

But that practice went horribly wrong and the two of them went their separate way, competing against each instead.

And when the night of the air band contest began, Zack had caught Raven at the event.

"Came to support me?" He asked, "Didn't know you could be so sweet."

Raven furrowed her brows, "I'm working."

"Same difference."

"All right. Next up, the fake musical stylings of Cody Martin and Bailey Pickett." Mr. Mosbey read off the card.

Cody and Bailey entered the stage and began "playing" classical music which quickly got them booted off stage by the crowd.

Mr. Mosbey announced the next act which was Smash and Trash (Woody and Zack).

"This one's for you, babe." Zack smiled.

"Your comments are getting bold." Raven said and watched Zack jump on the stage.