The Blood inside you is the Blood inside me Part 13

Beginne am Anfang

The trio entered the car for the ride back to the compound. "I'm sorry, Felix. I know this wasn't the most exciting assignment," Charlotte said.

"It's alright, Charlie. Protecting Master Aro's mate is an honour."

"And by the way, I'm sorry about yesterday." she said to both her companions. "I asked Aro not to punish anyone since it was my doing. But it was fun, thanks to both of you. I hope we can relax together again sometime.

Malia grasped Charlotte's hand. "I never would have pictured you as mate to any of the masters, Charlie. You're too...different." She leaned closer and whispered. "They're so set in their ways. But I'm glad you're here."

"We've never seen Master Marcus so...interested," Felix chimed in.

"Interested?" Charlotte asked. She hadn't known Marcus prior to her accident, but everyone seemed to indicate to her he had changed, a lot, since her arrival.

"Yes, in anything at all." The two Guards looked at one another and nodded.

"You've given Master Marcus a reason to live his existence again, Charlie. It hasn't been easy for him, and sometimes, I think Master Aro doesn't care how much Master Marcus suffers."

Charlotte listened to the Guards whom she counted her few real friends, hoping Aro never read them. Weren't such thoughts dangerous, and hell, now she was a danger to them as well if he ever chose to read her. She only hoped she held enough sway with Aro should anything hit the fan, so to speak. She had so enjoyed dancing with her friends, she hoped they might be allowed to join her again some time. Not that Charlotte didn't enjoy dancing with Aro and Marcus, but neither enjoyed the kind of music she did. It had been pleasant being with Felix, in a way one can only dance when one has a partner. And Malia and Demetri seemed to be enjoying themselves too. So different from the grim visages they had to wear most of the time.

Once she had emptied the packages, laying everything out on the bed, Charlotte began to put her purchases away. She looked up when the door opened, to find Aro coming through the outer room to the bedroom.

"Ah, cara, you are back with your purchases." His eyes perused what his mate had considered good enough for her to buy, but he frowned. "Is that all you bought?"

Charlotte placed her hands on his chest and kissed him deeply. "Yes, Aro. It's enough to start, and I have to admit, I felt funny spending your money."

Aro laughed aloud, taking her in his arms. "Charlotte, money is not important except as another way to hold power. Humans are so easy to buy."

"You don't think too much of humans, do you?" She let Aro go, and finished putting everything away. She never heard an answer to her question. Standing behind him as he worked at his desk, she showed him her open hand.

"I did buy these earrings, diamonds, sapphires and rubies. I felt terribly guilty doing so, but they were so beautiful."

Aro tsked at his mate, trying to reassure her. He stood and held her chin, explaining to her, again as he would a child. "Charlotte, my dear, you never cease to amaze me. A human mate would cherish your frugality. I have no such desire to see you without whatever pleases you. But I know how you may repay me for your guilty feelings." He drew her closer, burying his face in her neck, inhaling her scent, one that never failed to excite his desire for her.

"Aren't you working?"

"It can wait," he answered, already drawing sounds from her as he kissed her throat.

Charlotte responded to her mate's desires, matched by her own. Their coupling was passionate, fulfilling, and lasted for over two hours. Charlotte laughed, her hand resting on Aro's bare chest, relaxing after the last round. "How wonderful that we don't tire. This could go on and on, but you have somewhere important to be."