𝐞𝐥𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧

Start from the beginning

"Hey, yeah, I'm doing good."

"Come here." She reached for my suit jacket, pulling me closer to her.

"Leave some room for Jesus."

"I can leave room after, you really gonna leave me hanging like this?" She frowns her face up. "You see how desperate I look?"

"You don't think having sex in church is crazy?"

"I'm sure you've done worse."

"Church. This is where people come to pray."

Cadence was the only ex I had that I still kept in contact with due to the fact that neither one of us had found anyone else yet. If she was to find a boyfriend I'd cut ties with her and she'd do the same. There weren't really any feelings there, we both just knew that we could get our nut off with no issues when it came to each other.

It was like a little deal. Good sex as long as neither one of us had a relationship.

"Lucky come onn!" She sighs. "I've been having a really bad week."

I look at my watch and look back at her, debating. "Lift the dress up and come on."

•••

"If you Muslim why you be saying nigga and stuff?"

"Because my father is Black..?"

"I thought he was Muslim."

"That's not a race. You can be both things at once, you know that, right?"

"If I knew that I wouldn't have asked, duh."

"Right, right." She nods and looks off, it was obvious she had wanted to say something but I wasn't sure what it was and I definitely wasn't going to be the one to ask.

"You start-"

"How come we never talked about it? The kiss and stuff, it just happened and then we never mentioned it again which sucks because I really did want to talk about it."

"Talk about it for what reason, though?"

"To see what it was all about. I know why I kissed you, and I'm pretty sure you kissed me back because you felt the same thing that I felt in that moment but the difference is you're afraid to admit it and I'm not."

"I'm a grown man, I ain't scared of admitting nothing."

She rolls her eyes. "If you're so grown then act like it. Why did you kiss back? Why did you put your hands in my pants? Huh?"

"I just thought you were cute, that's why I kissed you. Got a fighter jet-"

"Can you be serious for once? Because if you can't then you can leave."

"It doesn't matter why I kissed you because no matter what I say you're still gonna have your head up Mekhi's ass and I'm not coming second to no nigga."

"There you go! That's it!" She sounded like she had just gotten to the bottom of something. "It's always about Mekhi. That's why you don't wanna say anything or talk about it, because you're like afraid of Mekhi."

"I ain't scared of him, trust me." I say. "Not wanting to fuck up a friendship over some pussy is just not something that interests me."

"So that's all I am?"