Chapter 19

Angela sat staring at the wall as she waited for the doctor to run test and see if she was able to go home. Her head throbbed as she looked at Tyler holding her son.
Dylan was on his phone and barking out orders to his men remaining at their house. He would once in awhile look over at his little one and cringe. She was bruised on the side of her face and blood had run down her jaw from a cut to her temple.

She looked ready to burst into tears but somehow kept it all in. Tyler smiled at her but his main focus was the baby. He was very good with kids and it showed.

David was sleeping in Tyler's arms and Angela had a sad smile on her face as she looked at them. Dylan was on his phone and listening as Stan told him that Megan was talking nonstop since she woke up.

She told them what Mitchell wanted with Angela and why. He wanted a son or sons to run his gang after he died. He wanted her to have his kids then he would kill her.

Dylan growled and hung up. He heard enough for now. Sitting beside Angela he pulled her into his lap. He kissed her lips and hugged her.

"baby I am so sorry I didn't protect you better. I love you so much my Angel".

She snuggled into his big body and yawned. She was so tired and her head hurt something fierce.
"I am so tired...I just want to sleep Dylan".

He frowned as she burrowed in and sighed.
"no baby you need to stay awake for now. The doctor needs to run test to make sure you don't have a concussion. So baby stay up".

She whimpered and sat up. Dylan still kept her on his lap as the doctor walked in, ran his test and left.
He came back an hour later and butterfly stitched her cut. He went over the test and gave her pain pills.

She had a concussion and had to take it easy for a couple days.
She yawned as the pills kicked in and she drifted off in Dylan's arms.

Wes had a bullet removed from his shoulder and he had to take it easy as well. He lost alot of blood and would be dizzy for awhile till his levels adjusted.

Dylan went to check on him with Angela in his arms. He refused to put her down and if he did he stayed close by to watch her.

He kissed her head and talked with Wes about what to do with their guests. Wes smiled as Angela moved in Dylan's arms and settled back to sleep.

He loved his family and when Megan held that gun on her his world stopped. Getting shot would of been nothing if she had died.

Dylan got up with her and promised to come back tomorrow. He took Angela home and went to have a conversation with Mitchell and Megan.

They weren't leaving alive