Chapter 1

The school day hadn't even started before Aniyah Davis kept mentioning the names "lyle" and "Erik" out of her mouth and her friends were starting to get deeply annoyed, Aniyah had a deep fascination with a case that had taken way before she was born, that is 1989 to be exact when brothers lyle and Erik Menendez murdered their parents in there Beverly hills home, it seemed like most of the world had hated them, "Greedy rich brats" they where being called. But when a shocking breakthrough in the case happened where the brothers claimed the abuse happened because of the sexual, and mental abuse that was happening the case turned blank, while witnesses and lawyers tried to prove the abuse took place, eventually they would be sent to prison for the rest of there lives. "Not again" exclaimed one of the girls walking just beside Aniyah, "I've only mentioned it like...once or twice I can't keep count," Says the dark-skinned Muslim  girl,

"If you can't keep count then you've clearly been talking about it too long," says Aniyahs best friend Paradise in an annoyed tone. She had been going on about the subject for hours so naturally, it wasn't surprising the two friends were annoyed with her. "I'm just saying that maybe if the judge would've-" but before she could even get the rest of the words out her mouth her friends both turn their heads to look at her, which gives her the green flag to stop talking. "know why don't we talk about something interesting like the fact that it's my birthday tomorrow," says Jing. 

"We know," said both girls annoyed rolling their eyes. "May 16th May 16th May 16th" Jing kept murmuring as her friends put their fingers in their ears to shut out the sound of their friend who was purposely trying to antagonize them, and luckily for them, she had only got it out at least one more time before the school bell ring which sent all 3 of the girls rushing into the school not wishing to be late.

It had been the end of the school day and Aniyah was already upset at the fact that she was at work, she had been regretting getting a job but her mom suggested she should, seeing that it would be a good idea so that she would pay for things herself, and her mom was right it did feel great to buy her own things when she wanted to but working after school was not what she had planned. Aniyah had been sitting behind the desk of the Cvs shop since she left school and that was 4 hours ago, she was bored and tired, and on top of that having to listen to her coworker Lilly go on and on about the boy she was dating, "I'm telling you he's such a good guy better than that Liam I was dating before" said her coworker, and it wasn't the subject she was talking about that was annoying her the most, it was the way she was going on about it, in the most boastful tone imaginable, She'd constantly mention the fact that had a boyfriend and she didn't and the way she was ignoring her was because she didn't was jealous, but she seemed to almost forget that even if she wanted to she couldn't for religious reasons, but that didn't help in the slightest so she had to deal with this every time she got a new boyfriend which was like every 3 weeks. 

But almost like a miracle the sound of the store bell ring coming with it the sound of footsteps which distracted the girl from talking anymore, "Good afternoon" Anyiah said to the customer. Aniyah had noticed that Lilly was staring at the customer for a long time while he had been looking threw the shelf in the aisle just ahead of the desk, it didn't seem strange seeing as though she was the type to stare at people even judging them with her eyes or body language. But when the customer finally arrived at the desk to pay for his things she seemed to be flirting with him, "thought she had a boyfriend" she said in the back of her head, a few minutes later the boy left and Lilly got back to talking about her boyfriend again.

Seeing that she wasn't paying attention to anything she was saying, Lilly decided to bring up something she knew Aniyah would care to talk about "So how's your support page going" hearing that Aniyah lift her head up fast "oh umm my page, it's going great" she says grabbing her phone out of her pocket and going to her page showing her "where at 13k" Lilly smiles sarcastically obviously not caring "if they where still young maybe I'd date them, I've got a thing for bad boys" Aniyah couldn't help but cringe "I'm going to the bathroom" Aniyah says in an irritated tone, she didn't have to really go but she couldn't stick around listening to her anymore.