New beginnings ( Kaveh )

The halls were kind of empty. Kaveh knew this wasn't just any school but even natalan public couldn't have prepared him for the sumeru academy. Every person here was posh beyond compare, not that they dressed as such. Top scorers were given scholar status, and with it a boundary of limits that didn't apply to them, even despite the rules of the place. He himself rather despised the system but damn him if he didn't achieve scholar status by months end. Maybe the classes already began, he thought to himself. No school could be this absurdly empty. The only person he met informed him that this was his building, handed him an information booklet that was heavy even when he balanced it on his arm and hand. The only other direction he was given was to head to the headmasters office. Which is why, he assumed- the few people who saw him near there gave him looks before swiftly walking away. When he entered he saw an old man seated behind a grand adhigama desk. He wore a green vest over what could only be a custom shirt. He cleared his throat to grab the attention of the man clearly caught up in his work. He looked up and kaveh was met with the opposite of what he expected. The man had a cold smile and calculating eyes, narrowed on kaveh.

"Right on time." Just as kaveh was about to speak he started again "i know you must have a lot of questions but I'm afraid I'm a very busy man. I've requested one of my students to show you around campus, alright?" Kaveh nodded, trying to speak again before- " I hope you do take kindly to our prestigious academy child. Also know the entry here is permitted only by me. You mustn't enter otherwise, understood? " Kaveh made one last, futile attempt to talk "Sir-"
"Ah come in come in" he was once again interrupted. When he turned he was face to face with a boy in a purple jacket and scruffy white hair. "This is Cyno" the principal introduced them as Kaveh shook his hand, fighting the urge to feel embarrassed. "He'll show you around further"

With that they were both swatted out of the office and told to be on their way. "I'm Kaveh-"
" No need for introduction. I got a pamphlet on you before I arrived. They even prepared curry" he smirked over at him. Kaveh felt excitement and a little concern flood his nerves. First, for the curry, the second for the pamphlet that was probably a direct violation of his privacy.
"Ah- alright.." He looked off to the left as they walked toward the dorms, unsure what to say. "I'm a second year. They figured third would be too intimidating. Actual school starts in a week so I'll have plenty of time to show you around. For now let's just get you settled in."
"Ah- alright. What are the dorms like?" Kaveh attempted conversation, honestly a little flustered.
"You'll see-" Cyno chuckled."You'll be in.." he pulled a pamphlet from his jacket and eyed it over, enough for Kaveh to catch a glimpse of all his favourite holidays typed neatly in ARIAL.
(sorry, author here. Arial pisses me off)
"Dorm 305! Right across the hallway!" He exclaimed. For some reason now Kaveh was breaking a sweat. He'd have to get used to this.

They came to an elevator, which led to the third of eighteen floors, which led to an endless hallway where Cyno led him to a blank door. "They decorate it however you like. It's kinda a thing since you're here for like a three year minimum." He leaned against the door frame, crossing his arms. "Which reminds me, what's your major?" It was with an inquisitive, almost childlike expression, which Kaveh felt comfortable around. "Architecture with a minor in design. You?"
"Oh woah you really just willing signed up for an assignment hell like that. Good to know you can take a challenge." He returned to what Kaveh would assume was flirting if he was thinking. "I'm a general management kinda guy. No minors but I work on-campus to enforce rules. Not what most people expect."
"Guess I'm not the only one who signed up for hell then." Kaveh teased. To which Cyno laughed. "I can tell we're going to get along just fine." He handed him his key, engraved with gold to say 305. "I'll come get you tomorrow for the official tour. If you need anything just knock."
"Thank you Cyno-"
"No problem, see you later." He winked and with that he shut his door and Kaveh was left to open his own door.

One thing he knew the second he entered? His roommate had horrible taste. In everything. The rug was rough and the curtains clashed with the sofa and even the lovely layout of the apartment couldn't make up for the blasphemy that was burning itself into Kaveh's eyes at that moment. He froze for a good while, before scoffing and moving past, what could he even say to fuschia paired with red and neon green. He walked past into a corner that remained undecorated that was thankfully, a safe haven for his eyes. Saddeningly his standards for safe now were becoming 'beige everything'. He lied down to first test the mattress. Which was surprisingly soft. He didn't really want to move. Before he knew it he found himself falling asleep. In his dreams was an image of him punching a faceless roommate dressed in fuschia who slowly morphed as a whole into Cyno's smile, which then began to smile if a smile could have a 305 written in Arial font in it. He turned until he was clutching the sheets and he succumbed to complete unwareness. Sadly, as he dreamed of beating up a man in fuschia a boy with a striking green bob cut and crop top walked in, the actual roommate he was hoping to beat up. 

When he was woken up it was via fire alarm.